Chapter 4

They decided that they have travelled long enough for one day, so the doctor invited them to stay the night.

Before the sun rose, The doctor woke up the sleeping couple and was shocked to see that Nate’s face was deforming even more rapidly.

“Something needs to be done. Now.”

The couple quickly got ready and was heading out the door when they suddenly realized they didn't know where they were going.

“Your in luck, the Dark Lord has not woken up yet and his private cave is only about 20 minutes away, don’t worry, you’ll see it.”

About 15 minutes into their journey, they began to see an eerie cave up ahead and sure enough, 20 minutes later they were standing at the grand entrance. It was large and decorated discreetly, probably trying not to call much attention; trying to keep it hidden. The rocky cave was illuminated by old fashioned candles strung to the walls, it allowed just enough light to see the three passages in front of them. After discussing the best route to take, they realised they didn't have enough time so they quickly choose the middle tunnel. After a very long walk they finally came to the end. there was a wooden door with the word “Sleeping Chamber” engraved in the aged door. The second before they were going to enter the room Nate groaned in pain.

“The pain is getting stronger,” he said “Go in without me.” He slumped down to the floor clutching his heart.

Jenny was left with no other option. She slowly reached for the door knob and quietly stepped in, she walked over to the unmobile mound on the mattress. The room was not as big as Jenny had previously anticipated, but it was big nonetheless. She went to the bed and pulled off the duvet, gun in hand. Jenny lifted up the duvet and pulled it off the bed, only to find it was empty, there was nothing.

There were light snores that came from the other side of room she ran up to the sleeping figure slouched over a desk. she pulled out her gun, aimed and pulled the trigger. The figure fell over to the ground howling in pain, but Jenny had not killed him, she merely shot his shoulder. She was lost in her own world, suffering through a temporary lapse of insanity. She still held the gun in her hand, so tight her knuckles were turning white. He reached over to his pocket and in panic, Jenny shot him again. And again, and again, and again.

And in that moment she impaled the knife right in the center of  his throat, she didn't think it was enough she continued and continued until his wailing stopped and he was nothing more than a cold, crumpled piece of shît laying on the ground.

She looked at the bloody mess she had created and instantly fell to her knees. She felt like she was drowning, what had she done?

She did this for Nate, she had to follow through but holding a death above her head for the rest of her life was too much.

She looked at her  blood stained hands, she killed a man, a guilty man but a man none the less. She couldn't handle it.  Again in shock, no movement, only her shaking blood- soaked  hands shaking. Nate walked into the room. She picked up the gun and held it to her head.

“Stop, don’t do that, put the gun down.”

“I’m so sorry,”

BANG

A/N Hahaha, this was much shorter than I had thought..I'm so sorry if you don't agree with the ending so I am going to post an alternate ending in the next chapter:)