Chapter Four

We walk to the carnival under a lit sky. People all around us are rushing down streets excited. I give Autumn a look and she laughs as a boy walks past her and "bumps" into her.

"Are you ok?" He asks and puts his hand on her arm.

"I'm fine." She says and I laugh. "Are you goin to the carnival?"

He smiles. "Yeah maybe I'll see you there."

"Ok see ya." Autumn says an we keep walking.

He disappears into the crowd and we keep walking. "He's cute." I say after a minute.

She shrugs. "I guess..." She acts like its no big deal but I can see a smile peaking at the corner of her lips.

We reach the carnival and buy our tickets. Excitedly we walk in through the gates and look around.

"Which one?" Autumn asks and I know she is referring to the rides and games that surround us.

"I honestly have no clue." I say.

"Well aren't you full of ideas." She says and smiles. I give her a look and roll m eyes. "Well," I say. "If your so smart then where should we start?"

She tilts her head. "Let's get ice cream." She says and we walk to the nearest ice cream stand. She gets Vanilla and I get Chocaolate like we always do.

After we finish our ice cream we look around to see what ride we should go on. We are still looking around when I hear a voice.

"Ray, right?"

I turn around and see Jake.

"Yup." I say and smile. "It's Jake right?"

He laughs. "Yea it's Jake." He sees Autumn. "Hey."

She stands up straight. "Hi Jake. How are you?"

"Um I'm good... So Ray do you want to go on a ride?"

I blush. I can feel the heat coming to my cheeks. "Sure... Could Autumn come?"

He laughs. "Yeah of course."

We head to the spinning teapot ride and get in a green and red pot.

Slowly the pot starts to move, then faster and faster as the ride carries on.

By the end of the ride I am dizzy and laughing my head off, I can only make out one thing.

Jake is holding my hand.

•~•~•

"That was so much fun!" Autumn laughs as we walk intoy house.

"I know right?!" I ask and smile. "Can you sleep over tonight?"

She frowns. "No I have that dentist appoment in the morning, but you should come over later."

I smile. "Okay I'll ask." She gives me a quick hug and walks out of the door.

I go to my bed when I hear the garage open. I quickly get up and run to my parents in the driveway.

My dad parks the car and they step out of the car.

"Hi Ray!" My mom says and gives me a hug.

My dad steps in my hug and I smile. "How was your anniversary?"

They smile. "Good, but it's good to be home."

We go back inside and I head for my bed I am tired and almost asleep when I hear the ding of my phone go off. I got a text.

I get my phone off my dresser and read it, it's Autumn.

"Ray help me! I totally forgot about the quiz tomorrow and lost m books so I can't study!"

I roll my eyes. And type my reply.

"And you telling this to me because..."

A moment later she replies.

"I need your books!"

I stare a the phone. What does this girl think I am? A geni who can magically get my books to her house.

"How?"

"Stop by my house tonight and drop them off at my window."

I sigh and type.

"Fine! But you owe me!"

I grab my books and put them in my backpack. I sneak out of my window and head down the streets to Autumns.

I am stopes by a hand over my mouth.