Chapter Five

I freeze. I am so scared.

"Hey Ray. Did I scare you?"

I relaxe when I hear Jakes voice. "Yeah," as he removes his hand frombmy mouth. "Maybe a little to much."

"Oh sorry! I was just coming back from the carnival." I turn around. "But didn't you leave earlier?" he asks. "What are you doing out hear?"

I smile and tell him how Autumn needs my books.

He laughs.

"Okay well I better get to her house. See you at school?"

He smiles. "Yeah."

He walks down one side of the street while I walk down the other. I look at the stars and the moon, I love clear nights like this.

After a while I reach Autumns house and he's to the backyard. I climb over her wooden fence and head to the oak tree. Me and her have done this a million times.

•~•~•

It's late at night and the stars are hidden by thick clouds. Nearly a shadow of the moon shows through the dence mist up above.

Me and Autumn laugh as we walk up to her front door. The parade was so much fun.

She jiggles the handle and frowns. I give her a look. "You didn't."

She cringes and gives a coy smile. "But I kinda did..."

I laugh and head to the wooden fence. "Where are you going?" She asks as I swing my leg over the wooden top.

"Well," I start. "Sense you forgot to keep the door open while your rents and my rents are on a adult fun night, whatever that means, we need to go through your window." I swing my last leg over the fence and jump off.

"Alright alright I'm coming." She says as she jogs towards the fence. She climbs over and joins me at the oak tree. Together we climb it and inch our way to her window from a wobbly branch.

"Maybe we should go one at a time so we don't brake the branch." She says.

"Good thinking." I say and let her go ahead. She opens her window and climbs inside, closely followed by me.

•~•~•

I knock on her window and wait for her. I see her figure appear before me and open the window.

"Here's my books." I say and hand them to her.

"Thanks!" She says and says goodbye.

I climb down the tree and head back to my house in the moonlight. 

Once I reach home I silently make my way to my room and climb back in bed. I toss and turn until I realize that I am restless. I groan and get up from my bed with energy that I dont desire at night