Leaving

After the incident at the zoo, Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia have kept a close watch on me. Also, the strange letters addressed to me kept coming.

One day, I was washing the dishes in the kitchen while Aunt Petunia was cooking. She opened the egg carton, and inside the eggs we're more letters!

The letters came through the boarded up mail slot, through the fireplace, and eventually Uncle Vernon went bonkers.

"Alright! We're leaving! I will not put up with this anymore." He shouted.

The next day, we we're all loaded up in the Dursley's car. Aunt Petunia, Dudley, and myself didn't have a clue where we we're going. I don't think Uncle Vernon knew where we where going either.

"Daddy, where are we going?!" Dudley whimpered.

"Some where far, far away!" He shouted with a crazy "HAHAHA!" And a mad flint in his eye.

After driving for what felt forever, Uncle Vernon got out of the car.

"Stay here." He walked toward a little building on the coastline.

We waited for about twenty minutes in a akward silence. Uncle Vernon finally came back and told us to get out of the car.

There was a little boat sitting on the rock shore in the distance. He pointed towards it.

"There it is!" We all follwed him towards the dingy.

We rowed and rowed for a while. 'Row, row, row your boat' was going through my head. Then, we got off the boat at a little shack in the middle of the ocean.

Dudley and Aunt Petunia stated at Uncle Vernon like he was insane.

"We'll be staying here a little while." I didn't like the sound of staying in this rickety old shack. But then again, I live in a cupboard.

Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon got the bed upstairs, Dudley got the couch, and of course, I got the floor.

I just remembered that tomorrow was my birthday. I looked at Dudley's watch as he was sprawled out on the couch. 11:58. I drew a birthday cake in the dust on the floor.

I took another look at Dudley's watch. 12:00. "Happy Birthday Harry." I said, as I blew out the candles made of dust.

I looked up as I heard a great pounding on the door of the shack. Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon came running down the stairs as Dudley fell off the couch with a thud. I backed up against the wall, into the darkness. A huge figure the broke the door down and sucked his huge head as he came through the tiny doorway.

"Hello Harry."

COMMENT

VOTE

~ Lindsay