19

A/N slight gore warning at the end? Idk it's really not bad

John sat in Alex's new bed, in his new cell, in his new cell block. It made him uncomfortable but being with Alex made it better. Alex was seated on the bed in front of him, reading a book while John braided his hair delicately. It was moments like these John enjoyed, the peace and serenity.

They were in prison for fuck's sake that wasn't going to last. As if on que Thomas Paine skidded into the doorway, slamming against the door frame and hissing a little. In John's opinion Alex was lucky, his new cellmates were Paine and some other new guy named Thomas Conway, he didn't have to deal with George's obnoxious singing and giggling every five seconds.

Alex and John's heads shot up upon Thomas' dramatic entry, concern sweeping across their faces as he caught his breath.
"Guys," He panted, face red and hands shaking. "You need to come to the medical ward," he muttered. Alex opened his mouth to ask what it was but Thomas cut over him, already knowing what he was going to ask. "Hercules,"

---

Hercules and Lafayette made their way to the bathroom chatting casually about their day, towels and pyjamas in hand.
"You should've seen Aaron's face! It was just a brain freeze and he was so convinced he was dying," Hercules chuckled, pushing the bathroom door open and holding it for Laf. Other inmates swarmed the bathroom, now being the prime time right after dinner for night-showers and brushing teeth.
"Pshh, Americans," Lafayette scoffed, earning a playful punch to the shoulder from Hercules.
"No, just Burr," Hercules corrected, making his way over to the end stall.

His attention was pulled to the front door though as it was violently crashed open. In the doorway stood Charles Lee, James Reynolds, George Frederick and the newest addition to the prison, Thomas Conway.
"Everybody scram." Conway yelled, marching inside with Lee and Reynolds on his tail, George pushing the security camera away before waiting outside by the door to make sure they weren't disturbed.

Lafayette and Hercules turned to leave but Conway stepped in the way.
"NOT you," he bellowed, his large frame meeting Lafayette's height but with more muscle.
Lafayette stood taller, Hercules straightening up too.

"So you're the newest edition, welcome to King's," Hercules greeted smartly, but Lafayette knew better. He was ready to fight back at the first hint of aggression.
"I've already been welcomed," Conway spoke sharply, his voice deep and menacing. "Jefferson invited me in," he added, his mouth cocking up into a sinister smirk.

"Did he now," Hercules questioned, glancing over at Lafayette and raising his eye brows.
"Jefferson transferred me in so he could have a top dog he could rely on, now we can do this the hard way, or the hard way," Conway threatened, taking a menacing step towards the boys.

"What's the hard way?" Hercules sassed with false-confusion, Lafayette choking on a giggle beside him.

"Listen, you don't need to play coy with me, I know what you and the french fry are in this shit-hole for and it's cute, it really is," Conway began to explain, his expression darkening. "But Jefferson wants me in control and he's put a fantastic price on the position, don't stand in my way," he finished, Reynolds and Lee sizing up behind him.

"What if we were to, hmm what is it, stand in your way?" Lafayette questioned, raising his brow. With that said Conway gave a small hand gesture and Reynolds retrieved a kitchen knife from the back of his belt, holding the handle with a handkerchief. Lafayette didn't back down, he stood tall beside Hercules, but Hercules wasn't liking the direction this table was turning.