23

A/N to avoid confusion I'll tell you now, this first part relapses over the past from a different perspective/focus point

Samuel Seabury stepped into the cafeteria dressed in the blue and white prisoner's attire, dark circles under his eyes and an angry frown plastered across his face, but in Charles' opinion grumpy Sam was just as cute, if not more so, than his usual cheery self. Charles had been so worried after Seabury completely disappeared off the staff, but now he was standing in the cafeteria, in a prisoner's uniform, and he didn't care about why he was here, he just knew they didn't have to hide any more. The inmates gasped with shock in chorus and Charles couldn't contain himself.

"SAM!" He yelped from the back of the cafeteria. Charles leaped (Leeped haha) out of his seat and sprinted towards him, capturing him in a tight hug.

The rest of the inmates watched on in complete and utter confusion, but Charles didn't care, he was hugging Seabury and nobody could hold it against them.
"What the hell Sam?" Charles muttered into his shoulder, still clinging to him tightly.

"What the fuck is going on?" Alex voiced from across the cafeteria. Sam snapped to face the boys, his expression grim as Charles still held him lovingly.
"I'll tell you later, okay?" Sam whispered as Charles leaned back, taking Seabury's hands in his. Seabury pulled him forward, leaving a light kiss on his cheek.

"God forgive me for the sins we're committing tonight," Seabury whispered into Charles' ear with a smirk. Lee's whole face exploded with a strong blush as Seabury pulled away and walked over to Lafayette, Alex and John's table.

Charles watched Seabury for a moment before deciding he was going to be over there for a while, and it looked important so he decided not to interrupt. He made his way back to his former table, walking in on Conway muttering gruffly to the others seated there.
"What's going on?" Lee piped up, lifting one foot onto his previous seat and leaning on his knee.

"Just another task from Jefferson," Conway muttered, leaning back and stretching a little, flexing while he did so just for intimidation.
"What is it? Attack? Retrieval?" Charles began to list before Conway cut him off.
"You don't need to know, we don't need you for this." Conway spoke firmly.

Charles narrowed his eyes at Conway but decided it would be in his best interest not to get his head slammed under the ironing board, and he shut up.
He glanced backwards at Seabury worriedly, seeing Alex jump up to hug him. It wasn't loving, it was more desperate, relief. Despite that Charles still felt a sting of jealousy stab at his heart, Alex had John though right?

Charles looked back at Conway who was now spinning his plastic knife between his fingers skilfully. He gulped and turned back to Seabury. Lee's group were dangerous and psychopathic, and what he was starting to realise now was that Seabury would be an immediate attack target as he used to be an officer. All the inmates were going to want revenge on him, especially the prisoners Seabury slotted.

Samuel wasn't safe with Conway's group, they would eat him alive. Lee decided he would be much more comfortable if he was with Alex, John, Hercules and Lafayette's group. With a sigh of defeat Lee collected his tray and walked it up to the bar, leaving it there and meeting up with Sam. He approached him eagerly, linking their hands together. His heart swelled with the contact.

"What have you got first?" Charles asked cooly, squeezing Seabury's hand.
"Kitchen duty." Sam spat, rolling his eyes and earning a slight chuckle from Lee.
"Well I'll see you later, then," Charles grinned, his expression quickly darkening. "You have to tell me everything." He warned. Seabury nodded thoroughly and once Charles was satisfied he let go of Seabury's hand and waved him off.