sixteen

dan's pov

my class got out a bit early so i headed to the oak tree. on my little walk i was thinking about what i was going to say to phil. after the giant internal battle going on in my head was over, i decided to tell phil the we share the same feelings. i had nothing to lose, plus i know he likes me back so thats a bit comforting. even though i know how he feels, its still scary confessing my feelings. I've have a couple crushes now and then, but phil was different. he made my heart flutter every time i saw him. I've never confessed my feeling to anyone so that made me more scared. when i finally calmed myself down awful thoughts came to mind, what if he didn't like me back and was just saying that so he didn't have to tell me his real crush? would all those text at midnight be worthless? more thoughts similar to these came rushing in.

i finally made it to the tree, my horrible thoughts still flowing, until i saw him. he wiped away all my fears and doubts just with a simple glance, call me an over emotional teenager, but what i saw was real and nothing can change that, not even god himself. our love was like a candle flame, small, but with the right care and affection it'll become a full blown wildfire. how can a boy ease my anxious heart just by looking at me? if thats not love in the making, i don't know what is.

*********

OH SHIT THINGS ARE FINALLY GOING SOMEWHERE