Mission Failed

Leilani

I studied the picture I just took of my belly one last time before posting it on to the gram. I couldn't wait to take my maternity pictures. I slipped my phone inside my bag and smiled. I couldn't believe I was pregnant— let alone 7 months. For the first time in a long time I was getting what I wanted and I was happy.

I grabbed my bag and turned off the lights before heading downstairs to Kilo. Trying to sneak up on him I stepped out my slides and tiptoed towards the couch. Seeing contact name on his phone turned my whole mood sour. He was scrolled through his thread with Myli. I rolled my eyes and tapped his shoulders. Hee quickly swipped up before looking over his shoulder

"You ready now?" He stood up stretching. I rolled my eyes once again. I waited for him by the door as he got his shit together.

I watched him jog over to the driver side and slide in. I sat there quietly scrolling on my phone. Looking up at him I couldn't do anything but shake my head. The car was filled with music rather than conversation. It's crazy how you can be in love with someone who just doesn't care. I did this man laundry, folded his clothes, cooked his meals, took care of his dogs, held the house down. Hell, I was damn near his wife. Some days he would treat me like a queen. I love the days he catered to me. I didn't have to ask for a thing. However, those other days he barely acknowledged me outside of asking how I was doing.

"You really got an attitude right now?" He waited until we pulled into the parking lot of the OBGYN to open his mouth.

"I don't like how you was reading that bitch text messages. Thats so disrespectful, especially when Im up-fucking-stairs pregnant with your baby"" I blew out a breath as I fanned my face. This pregnancy had my emotions going haywire. There wasn't much I didn't cry at lately.

"My fault Lei. We not talking again. I didn't mean for you to see that" Kilo blew out a breath as he looked out the window. He looked back at me with a sorrowful expression "Look, I appreciate you. I really do. I'm sorry I know I been a dickhead. Niggas just been going through it. Please forgive me" He pecked me on the lips before getting out the car.

Kilo

I stood behind Leilani at the counter. I skimmed around the room briefly as Leilani talked to the receptionist. We wrote our names down on the sign in sheet before taking a seat in the corner. I looked across the room at another family. My eyes nearly bugged out when I seen two familiar faces.

I closed my eyes and slowly opened them again. I know thats not Myli ass I thought

I wished my mind was playing tricks on me. I starred at Myli from across the room. I sat there taking every inch of her in. Why the fuck is she here I thought. I couldn't wrap my head around why she would be there. A nigga would be hurt if someone got to my wife before me.

I knew I felt funny. I was looking around trying to figure out what had me on my toes like that. I knew I was about to look more than fucked up but I had to know why she was there. I told Lei to hold on real quick before I walked to where they were.

"Wassup yall" I smirked as I stood in front of them. Both of them looked like they sign a ghost.

"Hey there?" Myli looked beyond me. Probably trying to spot Leilani. The corners of her mouth curve up when she did. She pursed her lips before saying "Hows everything father of the year?