Seeing Red

Myli |

They say blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice, I say the darker the flesh then the deeper the roots

My eyes fluttered open. I groaned. My phone was playing  just a little too loud for 7:15 in the morning.

I snatched my phone off the charger and walked into the bathroom. I stood in the mirror analyzing myself. My skin was glowing but I didnt feel the glow. I could already tell it was one of those days.

I put on my dark blue True religion sweat suit and threw my hair up in a bun. "Where is those 3s at" I said looking around my closet.

As soon as my foot hit the bottom step my mother called me in the kitchen.

"Yes ma, I can't talk long I'm actually doing good on time today" I said going to the pantry and throwing some snacks in my bag.

"Myli, I dont care. I have to talk to you" She said shooting me a look. "Your daddy will be here later. Come straight home after school. Im not playing" She said as she hugged me.

"What daddy's gonna be here. For what" I said raising my eyebrow.

"Damn what you too good for your fatha' now" She shouted. I laughed as I walked out the door. "Alright love yall. Bye"

***

"This the earliest we ever been bitch" She said. She was right. We made it here with time to spare. This was a record for us.

"I knew we would get our shit together one day" I said turning to her fake crying

She pointed at me and laughed "Bitch bye"

I blew her a kiss before racing down the block to my school. I pulled into the last spot infront of the door before killing the engine. Leilani voice rang out from her car.

"You know you seen me about to park there" She shouted out her window.

"Actually I didnt. And even if I didn't, I wouldn't give a fuck. Go cry about it" I turned on my heels and walked in the door

Im actually tired of that bitch. She already got her ass beat just shut the fuck up Essence texted after I told her what happened outside

I nodded my head "Yeah bitches are sickly sick. Im not trying to argue with a that bitch all school year" I hit the blue button replying

I sat in class tapping through Instagram. I debated on opening Kilo's DM. My finger hovered over his username before tapping the screen.

Idk. Im feeling a way Terell
I sat my phone down as I watched the three dots bounce at the bottom of the screen.

Cause I didnt check on you? Im sorry pretty girl. I had some business to handle.

I rolled my eyes as I read his message. He continued to apologize as we texted throughout the day. I finally texted him back on imessage and got a facetime in response. I declined the call as I bit the side of my lip to keep from smiling.

Bro answer the phone. stop duckin me PUSSY.

I laughed as I read the message. I sighed deeply before hitting the facetime button. He popped up smiling. He was laid back in the seat with a blunt between his lips.

"Thank you for finally answerin' the fuckin' phone" He said.

I rolled my eyes as I smirked in the camera. "I heard niggas wanted to get up with me so here I am"