Personal 11

Personal 11

AFIA P.O.V.

FRIDAY

"Benjamin!" I huffed as I wiped the grayish paint off my arm.

"I am so-" Before he could finish, paint splattered across his face.

Giggling at the shocked Benjamin I said, "Your so what?"

Still silent he wiped the paint away and proceeded to spread it all over his hands,

"Come here." He said holding his hands out.

"No baby I'm good—I like to—you know stay clean." I said slowly backing away from him.

"But, I just want to show you my love."

"I feel it from here."

Before I knew it, my back was against the wall and Benjamin was in front of me.

"Please Benjamin-" I started but was cut off by him placing both of his paint covered hands on either side of my face and placing a kiss on my lips.

"Please Benjamin what." He said mimicking what I said.

"I'm going to kill you." I said touching my face, and feeling paint everywhere.

"Okay love birds, play time is up, grandma Waters has to do damage control on the mess you two made." Charlotte said shooing us out of the room with her paint brush.

"But you never told us what you were going to do with the room." I said from the doorway.

"It's a surprise, consider this a baby gift sent from me to you, now don't bother me for three hours." She said winking and closing the door.

"She is weird." Benjamin muttered.

"You said it." I said pointing my index finger into his chest.

Walking into our room I grabbed a towel and began to wipe the paint off my face the best I could, I then turned to Ben and saw that he was staring intently into his phone.

I began to clean the paint from his face not wanting the paint to dry and have it become even more of a pain to wipe off.

"What's wrong?"

"It's Muffy." He said which caused me to stop wiping his face for a moment. Even though I know that he loves Amara and I, the stubborn high school girl in me still thinks that his heart belongs to her and that maybe what she said was right. She could have him anytime she wants him, and I don't think I could take not being with Benjamin anymore, but I guess I would have to understand that I would never be his first love.

"What did she want?" I said not wanting to voice what I truly thought.

"She said that she wanted to have the old times back." He said as I continued to wipe his face.

"And what did you say?" I hesitated.

"What do you mean what I said?" He frowned shooing my wiping away.

"I don't know Benjamin just forget that I brought it up."

"No secrets remember that Afia?" He said referring to when we were on Angelo's old football field.

"There is no secret." I muttered.

"I call bullshit." He taunted.

"Fine a part of me thinks that maybe you want your old life back, you know when it wasn't so complicated."