2. Bewilderment

The streets of Seoul are full of busy people, all beautifully dressed with a trendy hairstyle. The downtown of the city is so flourishing and mesmerizing, with all the new shopping malls and skyscrapers. Yoon Hee was captivated by the scenery from the window of the limousine.

"Sarah, Abby, we are nearly there." Yoon Hee patted their shoulders to wake them up.

The driver stopped the limousine at the Hongdae station, he carried the luggages for the girls from the lower compartment.

"Kam sa ham ni da, ajeossi." Yoon Hee said in her slightly accented Korean.

"All the street signages are in Korean, how are we going to find the way to the guesthouse by ourselves?" Abby sighed.

"Hey Abby, seems like you forgot we have a Korean friend here." Sarah directed to Yoon Hee.

"Well...I guess I sort of have a rough idea what the signs say, lemme see...we go straight and then...turn left?" Yoon Hee studied the signs carefully.

"Yoon Hee, I don't think any guesthouse would locate in the crowded shopping area. Are you sure we are going in a right direction?" Sarah questioned after they have walked for a good 15 minutes.

"Maybe I can try to ask some passersby?" Abby suggested and approached a girl in her twenties. She showed the address of the guesthouse to the girl and tried to communicate with simple English and body language.

"We are going in a wrong direction, it should be that side. No wonder it seems strange as we kept walking." Abby returned to her friends.

"I am sorry guys, I made you walk like an extra mile. I am really sorry." Yoon Hee apologised and she felt ashamed as a Korean who can't read Korean properly.

"That's fine, I will treat it as some extra exercise after sitting in the plane for like 15 hours." Sarah jokingly said.

*     *     *

"Are we going to Myeongdong today?" Abby sounded unusually enthusiastic.

"Yeah, we are going for a shopping spree. Myeongdong is famous for the makeup street, so I guess we can get loads of Korean beauty products today!" Yoon Hee replied.

"Yes, Abby! We can grab loads of BTS merch." Sarah high-fived with Abby.

"Wait, what? What does it have to do with BTS? Am I the only one who don't know what's going on?" Yoon Hee had no idea what she had gotten herself into.

"We are talking about the Myeongdong underground streets. They sell a lot of Kpop merch there, I think I'm gonna faint when I see the angelic faces of my babies." Abby explained with her fangirling tone.

"Are you forcing me to go with you guys? How can you do that to me?!" Yoon Hee was annoyed.

"No worries, my friend. There are some CD shops, I guess you can listen to music and have some fun." Sarah gave Yoon Hee a wink.

"I will forgive you guys this time, but that is not happening ever again." Yoon Hee made a cute pouty face.

*     *     *

"Sarah, BTS over there!! OMG, I can't breathe now!" Abby yelled.

Sarah followed Abby and rushed into one of the Kpop merchandise shops without a thought, leaving Yoon Hee alone.

"These guys are going insane." Yoon Hee said to herself, shaking her head. She wandered around the underground street and passed by a CD shop playing a ballad song.

It's a beautiful life
Nan neoui gyeote isseulge
It's a beautiful life
Neoui dwie seo isseulge

"Ahjuma, can I ask what is the song playing right now? Can I buy the CD?" Yoon Hee asked the shop owner in Korean.

"It's Goblin OST, the song is called Beautiful, by Crush. That is the last copy, you got lucky."

"I will have that then. Kam sa ham ni da."

Yoon Hee got out of the CD shop happily and involuntarily started humming the song as she walked along the underground street. Suddenly, she felt a pat on her shoulder.

Yoon Hee turned around, it was a man in his forties, wearing a polo shirt and cropped pants. She felt strange and wanted to run away but the man kindly gave her his business card.

"Sorry to interrupt you, I am a producer at Bighit Entertainment. I think you have a really unique and beautiful voice, and now I see you have a pretty face too. I would like you to come to the audition on next Saturday. It is a chance for you to show your gifted voice to the world. We can stretch your potential and make you a superstar. I am looking forward to seeing you next week."

"Wait, wait....what audition? I don't understand what this is." Yoon Hee was confused by the man's words.

"Prepare a song, any song will do. Don't worry, just come to Bighit." The man replied, "I am sorry, I have to go now. " He left hurriedly after checking his watch.

"Yoon Hee, what are you doing here? Abby and I got a bunch of BTS stuffs, see?" Sarah paraded her huge bags of BTS merch.

"Are you okay, Yoon Hee? You looked really puzzled, did something happened just now?" Abby was worried about her friend.

"I...I don't know how to say. I ran into a middle-aged man just now and he gave me this and invited me to the audition and he just left." Yoon Hee showed the business card to her friends.

"BIGHIT ENTERTAINMENT?! Oh Jesus, what did you do girl? You got scouted on the streets by Bighit?! You need to tell the whole story." Sarah nearly screamed.

"Calm down girl. I was just humming the song I heard in a CD shop and that Bighit producer suddenly patted on my shoulder and said that I had a beautiful voice and handed me his card. I didn't do anything." Yoon Hee answered, "You guys know that company? Never heard of that."

"WHAT?! BTS belongs to Bighit, how can you not know?! I am so jealous right now, you can see BTS every day. Why didn't he choose me?" Abby pretended to wipe her tears.

"No wonder you guys reacted like that. Abby, you don't need to be jealous, I am not seeing BTS, I'm not going to that audition."

*     *     *     *     *

Do you enjoy this chapter, my lovelies?

Why did Yoon Hee say she is not going to the audition? Will she go to the audition in the end?
My Seokjinnie oppa is appearing on the next chapter, so stay tuned;)

Please vote, comment, share and follow. Share this story to your ARMY friends, sharing is caring:)

Sarangheyo and I will return with the next chapter very soonXD