22. Runaway Date (2)

Finally an update after such a long long long time TT Please read the author's note after this chapter;)))

Yoon Hee wore the sweetest smile on her face when she felt her cold hand in Seok Jin's warm hand, the warmth she felt in her hand was kindling joy in her heart. She tried to lean her body towards his to pull themselves closer to each other, however Seok Jin kept swinging their hands hard as they were walking on the streets which received a few stares from the passersby.

"Stop it, don't make ourselves look like pabos." Yoon Hee tried to look down to avoid seeing people's judge faces.

"Well, they are just jealous of us." Yoon Hee chuckled at Seok Jin's words, she felt like she was living in a dream when she saw her fingers intertwined together with his, but it also made her realise that dream had turned into reality.

Yoon Hee could already smell the taste of food before realising the street became more crowded with people scoffing food down greedily, satisfaction was shown on every one of their faces. There were rows of food stalls selling all kinds of street food, many looked unfamiliar to Yoon Hee. Seok Jin suddenly stopped at a hot food stall, "You have to try this, Yoonie. I promise this is the best tteokbokki you can find, it can't be compared to those bought in convenience stores."

"Ahjuma, can I have one spicy tteokbokki with cheese? More cheese please." Seok Jin made the order and paid the hawker.

Yoon Hee watched the hawker put the tteokbokki in boiling water immediately and ladle them up into a bowl

Yoon Hee watched the hawker put the tteokbokki in boiling water immediately and ladle them up into a bowl. He poured a scoopful of secret recipe spicy sauce on the tteokbokki and sprinkled cheese all over the top. "Be careful, it's hot." Seok Jin kindly reminded her before handing her the bowl.

Yoon Hee's hands were instantly warmed up by the hot bowl and she stabbed the fork into the tteokbokki and did the cheese pull. She eyed at the cheesy tteokbokki and had a full bite of it. "Ah, I burnt my tongue." Yoon Hee hissed and sucked in the cool air to cool down her tongue.

"I told you it's hot already, see?" Seok Jin grabbed the bowl from her hand and pulled down his mask to blow on the tteokbokki hardly before feeding it to her mouth.

"Eww, then every tteokbokki will be tainted by your saliva." Yoon Hee feigned a look of disgust but her heart already melted on the inside.

"As if you haven't tasted it before." Seok Jin smirked at Yoon Hee which caused her to bite her lower lip and shied away from his eyes. Yoon Hee pulled up his mask to hide his smirk and gave him a flick on his forehead.

The skewered food in a man's hand caught Yoon Hee's eyes "Jagi, what is that he's holding?"

"That's called eomuk guk (Korean style fishcake soup), you can always see this on the streets of Korea. I bet you have never had this in the US, why not give it a try?" Yoon Hee nodded her head and Seok Jin handed her a paper cup with a fishcake skewer soaked in broth.