Olgierd

They had left swiftly after arriving at Kaer Morhen, they didn't even unpack their bags before Vesemir announced they were headed to Skellige. Skellige was surprisingly warm when they all arrived, Kida and Geralt did not speak much, although it wasn't for a lack of him trying. After giving lambert one too many drinks he gave Kida all the information she wanted. From Yennefer, Triss, Shani... and so many more that Kida was surprised he could keep count. Perhaps he was different now? Maybe he wanted more than women and sex. Maybe he truly wanted love, but it wasn't for Kida to dwell on. But even given all of that she still couldn't see him as a bad person and a part of her was thankful that Geralt gave her a chance in the first place, he didn't have to welcome her like he did. 

"You're quiet" Geralt rode up beside her on his mount, bringing them close

"I am fine, I heard our companions will be at the castle"

"I think of it more as a keep, but yes they will be there"

"Will Olgierd?" She didn't mean for it to come out as excited as it did, it made a blush creep up her cheeks and she looked away from him.

"Yes" His answer made Kida feel warm inside, Geralt on the other hand grew cold and rode on ahead, his jaw set tight. 

The party being held was extravagant, foods and wines, dancing, women sitting on mens laps and groups playing cards. No one told them why they were summoned and if they had no one had informed Kida. But it was nice to see everyone again, the whole crew who Kida had grown to love in the short time she knew them, even Yennefer who by her surprise was perfectly nice to her as was Triss and Shani who she hadn't met before. 

But pleasantries was the last thing on Kida's mind, she wanted to find Olgierd and even though she knew Geralt didn't really approve despite his 'blessing' she decided to take something for herself.

He wasn't hard to find, his red hair, defined scar, and eccentric robes stood about in the crowd. 

"Hello" Kida grew shy, she was never shy, but seeing him again made her feel warm. "I'm glad to see you again"

"Really? Did you miss me?" His smirk was nerve wrecking for Kida, and she realised that she was letting her emotions get the better of her, her skin felt hot and flushed, her cheeks felt warm and the more she looked at Olgierd the more she found herself wanting him. Shamelessly. 

"I guess you could say that" His raised his eyebrows, humour written on his face and for a moment Kida's confidence faltered, was he mocking her? Kida went to walk away but Olgierd stepped in front of her, clearly noticing the way her expression turned hard.

"I meant no offence, I just... I'm not so good with this anymore, it's been a while since I've chased after a woman, I can't tell what they want"

"I want you" Kida felt her blush increase, surely it was not proper for a woman to outright tell a man she wanted him, but what did she have to loose? She could see Geralt over Olgierd's shoulder watching them, his eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"I fear that'll make someone jealous, someone I don't want to make an enemy of" Olgierd looked over his shoulder and smiled to Geralt. "Although I do love being the chosen man of the bunch, tell me though, will it cause problems for you in the long haul?"

"Why? Do you think I am on a leash? Geralt may be acting in as a mentor, it doesn't mean he owns me, he may like to think that about his other women but I am not included in that"

"Your words are wounding to many ears I'm sure, alright fine, I will accept your proposal and fuck you senseless  whenever you desire, my heart, what little is left, is yours for the taking my lady" He bowed dramatically and kissed Kida's hand.

"Now who's putting on a show?" Her words where sure but her legs trembled and a heat came over her like no other, fuck you senseless... had he truly said that?

"I like a show my love, truly I do, but know this, I do not share." 

"Nor do I" 

Olgierd smiled and looked Kida over. "I also think that this tunic of yours is leaving too little to the imagination for my liking." Kida was in a different world, was this an act? Ogled seemed to flip the switch pretty quickly but within minutes he was pulling her into the dancing crowd, spinning Kida around and laughing with her. The party grew only louder as the night went on and Kida felt herself relax more and more in the hands of Olgierd.

Suddenly a cool breeze surrounded Kida, her arms wrapping around herself, her thin tunic doing nothing to shield her from the wind. Warmth, the smell of sandalwood and almost citrus notes, the weight of Olgierds outer coat hung loosely over Kida's shoulders.

"Thought we could do with some air, and you've drank too much" He wasn't wrong, Kida swayed slightly as she followed the red head along a courtyard and into gardens, bushes rose high with flowers blooming along flower beds. Kida hadn't taken much notice of how beautiful Skillige was until now. She joined Olgierd on a small bench hidden away from the lively party. The quiet consumed them for a while, Kida moved closer to Olgierd seeking more warmth which he happily allowed. "You are beautiful, I knew from the moment I saw you, there's a fire in your eyes, something that longs to be freed, mysterious and curious"

"You flatter me, you're not too bad yourself" Kida knew it was the wine, the whole evening seemed to have given her more confidence that she could give herself credit for.

"No I tell the truth, I want you to be sure when you give yourself to me, all silliness aside." He sighed and turned his head to meet Kida's eyes, her white hair, slightly curled from her braids, swaying gentle against the breeze. "I want to make sure I am what you want, that we could be happy, that I can make you happy...I know I'm not the perfect choice"

"You are my choice..., you were kind to me, besides a part of me likes you forwardness" 

"Perhaps that's true, I am not a decent man, I had wealth once, I had perhaps a lick of honour...now i am just a man who longs to feel more, to feel the warmth of a woman, the love I once felt, not to replace it but move on from it" Kida looked into his eyes, warm, cheeks slightly flushed from the wine. She lifted her head up to press her lips to his. It was slow, meaningful, it felt passionate. 

"You are the man I claim, not the soldiers, not the butchers boy, you"

"Who's this butchers boy?" They giggled quietly to themselves.

"You know what I mean" This seemed right to Kida, to be wrapped in his arms, held and loved. It was something Kida never imagined could be real for her, Olgierd knew what he wanted and so did she. And in that moment they both felt content with what they shared. "Olgierd?"

"Hmm?"

"Take me to your room"