Part 12

King Midas' Castle.

I wish I wouldn't have been here.

I'm dressed up. For the second time in my life. I look like one of those ordinary village ladies. Just for my own safety.

There's an entire ceremony thing for Joe, because he betrayed the king's navy. And I know everything about betrayers.. Unfortunately, I know what the consequences will be.

"Joe. Wait." I grab his hand just before we can walk into the village. "Promise me you'll come back."

"Promise." He says. I stand on my tip toes and kiss him softly. He pulls away shortly after and rests his forehead against mine. "Don't act like a Pirate today. Act like a princess for once in your life." He taps my nose and walks away from me. I take a deep breath and walk into the village, it looks so innocent. Yet, so dangerous.

The entire village has heard of this betrayal and wouldn't want to miss it. They're all gathered on the center square. And there's a small stage where the entire Royal Navy is waiting. I take a place hidden in the crowd.

The ceremony starts. Every villager falls silent and sits down. They clap for King Midas and his daughter Ellie. So do I. Even if I don't want that. I have to act like their own. Their villager.

Anyone can betray anyone

That phrase kept running through my mind the entire ceremony. When the king spoke. The navy. The captain. It's everywhere...

"Today we're gathered, to witness the consequences of a betrayal. A betrayal of our own Navy sailor, Joseph Lynch Jones." Murmurs go through the crowd. I can only remain silent and feel my cheeks burning. "Bring him up here." A guard man takes him to the stage and a lot of woman start yelling things to him. The face of Ellie speaks volumes.

I had to contain the anger that raged inside me.

"Joseph Lynch Jones. What was your reason for this betrayal." The king asks him. He looks into the crowd and finds me. He smiles a faded smile.

"I fell in love with somebody else, sir." At least he's honest. But his honesty will cost him his life. "Someone outside the royal family."

"And who is this person?" Don't say it. Don't say it. He looks at me with a hurtful look in his eyes.

"Rose Felicia Jones, sir." Dammit, Joe. The crowd breaks down in laughter. Of course, who could ever love a pirate...?

"Captain Rose Jones, the Pirate of the Jolly Roger. The daughter of the well known Pirate, Captain Hook. Of Misthaven?" My face starts burning even more after the king spoke my name. The crowd is still laughing, but falls silent as the king signals them to stop. "Instead of following the Navy's code, you chose to fall in love with a Pirate. And not marry my daughter. Am I right."

Anyone can betray anyone

"Yes sir." Joe speaks.

"There will be a punishment for this crime you committed." Since when is following your heart a crime? Seriously? The crowd screams all sorts of punishments. From prison, to hanging, to walking the plank, to the newest invention, the guillotine. "Quiet," The king speaks. "He'll be in prison. We will consider a future punishment later, if needed." He smirks at his last word. He will die. Is all I can think off when he's dragged off the stage and into the carriage.

I stumble out of the village, back to the place where Joe used to live. I change into my normal clothes again and pace back and forth in the little main area.

I'm back in the Faiytale land, with absolutely nothing. I'm in King Midas' realm, not even my own. I can't just go on the streets because I'll be thrown into jail. Just like him.

There's a loud knock on the door and I awake from my sleep. The knock becomes louder and louder. I can't open the door, I can't risk it. I manage to hide myself in the closet before the door breaks open.

"I know you're here, puppet." It's a sharp, Female voice. A voice I know. "For gods sake Rose, show yourself." Slowly I open the door of the closet I was hiding in. I look right into Madison's eyes. Her piercing Green eyes. "There you are." I step out of the closet and realize she's not alone. "Surprise, honey." She smirks and there's a sack thrown over my head. Blinding my view.

The sack has been removed as I am held captive by strong arms. Who drag me somewhere dark. "Let go of me!" I scream. I struggle in their grips to loosen myself. But they only hold on tighter.

We walk through a long hallway, cells on each side of me. As I look in a few cells, I see people who are already half eaten by rats. Their faces are torn, their body's shaking.

"Where are you taking me?!!" I try once again.

"Rose?!" My head turns from left to right as I hear his voice. "Rose!" He comes closer to his cell door and his smile grows bigger. The guard men throw me in front of his cell. This was the plan. They wanted me to see him before he would die. "Oh thank god you're ok." He kisses my head through the bars.

"I'm okay. I'm okay." I crack a small smile. "But are you?" I ask him, terrified for the answer.

"I'm fine. I promise." That last word cuts me into pieces.

"You promised me you'd come back... I can't risk losing you!" Tears threaten to fall. But he caresses my cheek, calming me down. "Please.."

"I'll be alright. Just move on from here, find your father, that's all I could wish for. Your happiness."

Never before in my life I had find my happiness, because I was to scared to tell what my happiness was. It wasn't Revenge. It wasn't finding my father, or my life. It's him.

"You are my happiness." I say, and smile through tears that fell down my face. He kisses my head once again before I'm dragged out of this nasty place.

I'm thrown back on the streets.

Abandoned and Alone.

Anyone, anything, can betray anyone. Even your own heart...