Chapter 21: the funeral

<•Merida's POV•>

As I ran through the forest, jumping over logs and avoiding low branches, I thought about what I had to do once I got to the castle. hiccup got his powers thanks to his breakdown and rapunzel got hers because of her memories. bad memories I should add. and they had problems that were never resolved, I was fine.

My mother and I got along. my father was the same, for good. and my brothers bothered me less. and I was free to be independent. my life, looking back now, was great.

But what confused me was how it was my time period. and at corona, it was rapunzel's time period, and berk was in hiccup's time period. but everywhere else was modern. I pushed the thought aside. ill just ask jack.

Jack.

I shook my head out of the thought of him, as crazy as he is. he's still part of the group, and I will save him. he'll be brought back to normal... right?

After awhile of running through the woods, I finally approached the gates to the clan.

The doors opened as a carriage made it's way out, I snuck in quickly... even though no one could see me.

I ran to the castle doors and banged on them until they opened, it probably was creepy seeing the doors acting like this with no one around.

"-she was brave and she was selfless." spoke a familiar voice.

I stood in the middle of the thrown room. in front of me was my mother speaking to a crowd of people, my father sat on his thrown wiping his eyes. and my brothers stood by him, quieter than usual.

They are having my funeral.

<•hiccup's POV•>

Jack just stood there, not moving a muscle. but he kept the creepy grin. which was starting to get scarier and scarier the more I looked at it. and his eyes still looked wild. they glowed yellow and they grew wide.

And his now black hair blew in the wind. it bothered me. how could that pitch guy cause this great of a change in him? and how was I supposed to beat jack?

"I like to have the opponent go first, I'm not one start fights." he cackled and cocked his head to the side, his emotions never changed.

I looked at the trees and noticed that the leaves were changing colors. I raised my hand and the Multi-colored leaves snap off of their branches. jack's grin grows even wider.

"Uh, hiccup?" rapunzel whispers. "how are leaves going to help?"

"I'm just trying something..." I hissed back to her.

jack cracks his neck. "Ooo!" he cooed. "Are you going to give me a paper cut?!"

"I intend on something like that." I gulp. he looks at me, giving me a look that probably meant he was waiting.

I thrusted my hand out to him and the leaves shot his way with great speed. one that was close to the ground, grazed the grass until it was nothing. and right when it got to jack, he dodged and jumped over and around everyone. he didn't get hit once. and worst off, he was running towards me.

He kicked me in the chest, knocking me down against a tree. rapunzel shrieked.

Jack pressed his hand against my face and put his staff under my chin. my eyes widen, I couldn't get away no matter what.

"Oh that wasn't fun at all!" jack laughed wildly, his face only a couple inches from mine. "that was too easy!"

I looked at rapunzel, who stood there helplessly. I couldn't blame her, I wouldn't know what to do either.

"I wish I could kill you right here and right now," jack snickered. "but I have to give you to lord pitch." his grin grew larger.

I look back to where rapunzel was. instead of looking confused she had more of a determined look.

"I guess he'll make an exception if you were frozen." he laughs and his grip on my face tightens. my head pressed up against the tree, causing great pain. his staff digging into the bottom of my chin didn't help.

"I wouldn't plan on it!" rapunzel yelled and thrusted her hand into the air. a giant flower rose from under jack and encloses him in the petals.

I quickly stepped away just in case he'd pop back out.

"Thanks..." I breathed and looked at punzie.

"No problem." she smiles at me.

"He's going to come back out."

"I expect that."

We both get ready to attack as we glare at the flower.

"I'm ready." rapunzel and I said together.

•••
A/N

Sorry if the update of the last chapter confused you. there was a glitch where the first upload didn't show any of the story so I had to do it all over again. I'm not sure if it only happened to me or not but sorry for the confusion.