Proof

Morty woke up in ricks bed not knowing what the hell happened.
He sat up and immediately felt pain in his head.
He lifted his arms to hold his head but noticed that his left arm was bandaged up.
He thought for a minute and then remembered what happened.

He felt weak and ashamed.
He tried to stand up and failed, landing on the floor.
He was wondering why he was so weak.
The noise he made while falling must've been louder than he thought because rick ran in almost immediately after he fell.

"Morty are you alright?!?"

Morty looked up and nodded but he was still confused on why Rick was so caring now.
"I-I'm confused R-Rick"
"Why's -urp- that Morty?"

"You-you y-you never cared be-before so w-w-w-why are you acting like y-you c-c-c-care now Rick?!?!!" "I-is this some kind of j-joke Rick? Are you t-trying to confuse me on p-purpose?!"

"No Morty w-why the -urp- fuck would you thi-"
"RICK! I KNOW W-WHAT YOURE DOING. S-STOP IT RICK"
Morty thought Rick was playing some sick joke still.
He thought Rick wouldn't own up to it.

Rick just stood there staring at Morty as he still lay on the floor.
After a minute of pure silence, Rick went over to Morty and picked him up.

He brought him into the bathroom and sat him on the counter.
"R-rick w-what the fuck are you d-d-doing??"
Rick then took a knife out of his pocket and Morty screamed.
Rick put his hand over Morty's mouth and shushed him until he calmed down

"Morty. If this is what I have to do to show you that I care I will."

"I-if w-what is what you have t-to d-do Rick??"
Ruck pulled his sleeve up and was about to cut his arm open when Morty screamed "NO RICK STOP!!"

Rick stopped and said "I have to prove this to you Morty" and then sliced his arm open in less than a second. Morty immediately slapped the knife out of ricks hand while screaming "NO!" again and when he saw that he was too late, he started crying.

"N-now do you believe me?" Said rick.
Morty just got off the counter and hugged Rick tightly while soaking his lab coat in tears.
Morty let go and then said "y-you didn't have to do that R-Rick"

"I'm sorry Morty. I just needed to -urp- know that you believed me for sure because I'm telling the truth when I say I care"

"I love you grandpa Rick. And I believe you" said Morty.

"I love you too Morty" said Rick.