Prologue

Narrators P.O.V-    

Everyone in this town had a pretty easy life. At least that's what Cameron thought.  It was a small cliche town with a bunch of small town cliche stereotypes.  Cameron walked enjoying the sound of crisp autumn leaves crunching under  her boots. She always enjoyed morning strolls before school. Just taking in nature and hearing the sound of the creatures that lived in it. The cold morning air blew on her face, and through her hair she closed her eyes and smiled. Cameron was a girl who always loved to take in the little things life had to offer. She lived every moment with a smile even though it was hard at times. 

  Cameron was a very independent person. She never fit in with society's standards. Although she was very beautiful she had a style of her own it was dark but at the same time it was very bubbly. She had a personality of her own as well she always saw beauty in the horror's of life. 

Cameron looked around observing nature. She loved the smell of autumn leaves, but her favorite park of the walk was watching all the creatures get there day started. "Walks like these are nice before school." She thought to her self.  Senior year was stressful already and the school year wasn't even close to being over. She counted down the days until thanksgiving break. Halloween just ended and she admired the creepy decorations the town put up in the park. 

"You'd think they would've taken these down by now." yelled an out of breath boy. He had dark brown hair and light blue eyes. He was still clearly out of breath.

"Hey Oscar! I didn't think you'd actually come walk with me this early. " She said letting out an awkward chuckle. She really liked Oscar.  She had since 5th grade when he stood up for her when some middle school guys were picking on her. 

 He looked at her while smiling and shaking his head. "You should never doubt me! I always pull through."  He snickered still trying to catch his breath. Oscar had also like Cameron for a rather long time. He realized he liked her when she helped with his wounds after the middle school boys beat him up. Yet every time he would try to make a move he'd be friend zoned immediately. You couldn't blame Cameron, that was her best friend and she didn't want to lose her best friend over a stupid break up " We should probably keep walking if we want to get to school in time." He stated staring had the auburn haired girl. 

"Yeah you are right." Cameron said looking at her watch she wore on her wrist. "It's only another ten minute walk before we get to school. Which once we get there will give us five minutes to spare to put our stuff in our lockers and get to class." Oscar nodded his head as if he was processing everything she was saying. 

"I completely forgot I have to meet Em before class to get my homework! I am so sorry I promise I'll walk with you tomorrow!" He said before running as if a monster was after him. Cameron waved bye before letting out a bit of a chuckle. 

Her walk was once again silent and peaceful that's until she spotted something leaning against a  tree. She squinted trying to make out what it was. Her curiosity got the best of her she walked down to the box and examined it while it rested against the tree she noticed the dull colors an the picture of a colorful clown. She picked up the box and wiped the dirt off of it. "Laughing Jack in the box." she read aloud. She felt uncomfortable holding the dully colored box.  She set it back down by the tree and continued to look at. "How odd." She began walking back to school, yet after a  couple minutes she started feeling like she was being watched.  She glanced behind her shoulder and saw nothing but the feeling was still uncomfortable she began to walk fast the rest of the way to school. Thinking she was seeing a tall dark figure in her peripheral vision.

 She got to her locker and was about to  put the combination in the lock before a hand slammed on to it. "Well it took you long enough!" Oscar smiling big at her leaning against the locker. She looked at him with a smile but a hint of nervousness in her eyes. "Hey what' wrong Cam?" 

She removed his hand from the locker and started to put in her locker combination. "If I told you you'd think I'm crazy." She was still trying to put in her locker combination. 

"No I wouldn't you know I wouldn't." Cameron stopped putting in the locker combination and told him everything that happened after he had ran off. Like the box and feeling watched. Oscar took in all the information. "Hmm that's weird. I didn't see a box while I was running."

 Cameron sighed and finally put in her combination and opened her locker. She let out a tiny gasp and her eyes  widened. "Why is the box in my locker?"

A/N

Hi this is my first story on Wattpad I use to use Quotev but whateva. I hope you enjoy this story this week I'll update quiet a bit. Yet once I feel there are enough chapters I'll update once a week. I am going to do my best to make the chapters long but bear with me if they aren't. Please if you see any revisions or have any questions please let me know! I hope you enjoy.