Chapter 3: New Gang in Town

"Me and Disel discovered that too many Puerto Ricans are moving in to this neighbourhood and we feel we should start a gang to protect our streets," Riff says in exclamation as the boys all cheer.

The entire group of friends came together after Riff and Disel brought them all for a meeting to discuss their plan to take over the streets.

"What do we call ourselves?" Baby John asked with great enthusiasm.

Everybody yells their ideas, some where good while others where not as good.

"Yorkers" one yelled. "Honkers" another yelled while the rest laughed. "Speeders", "Sailors", "Waiters", "Pilots" everyone yells after one another.

"Jets" Action yells cheerfully.

"The Jets, I like it" Riff says reassuringly and all of the boys agree with him.

"Hey, has anyone heard from Tony, I asked him to be here," Riff asked a little concerned.

"Yeah he's still at Doc's, sometimes I think he cares more about his job than he does his friends," Big Deal says.

"Don't talk about Tony like that. Of course he cares more about us, he's our Tony. Womb to tomb." Riff says almost angrily.

"Sorry Riff, we didn't mean it like that," Big Deal apologizes.

"You better not think like that about the second in command," Riff says firmly.

"Tony is second in command? I thought since I helped you come up with the idea I would be vice leader," Disel says disappointed almost frowning.

"Disel, Tony is like a brother to me. You know how it is," Riff says trying not to hurt his feelings.

Disel just nods his head as if to say that its ok but he wasn't really ok with it.