How My Sister Became a Werewolf and How I'm Dating the Alpha Chapter 13

2 words.

Avoiding

Audric.

6 words.

Hardest

Freaking

Thing

In The

World

What made it so hard was the fact that I lied to my Mom about what happened those three days I was passed out in Audric's bed. I told her that I had fallen off my bike on the way back home and Audric had just happened to find me. He said that I had a serious head injury and I had to stay a couple nights with Ana because he didn't want me moved. Hehe. I was scared sick that Mom would ask why he just didn't take me to a hospital or just drive me home. Luckily, she didn't. I wonder if she thinks he is some sort of doctor.

What also made it hard was the fact that I had told Audric that I loved him. I'm still not sure if I do or not and so now I'm really nervous when I get around him. Like 'Does he remember what I said' sort of nervous or 'Does he think I was just high off of no blood still?' nervous. Either way, I was avoiding him. Hardest thing I have ever done.

And don't forget the last reason. I'm pretty sure I failed my Algebra II quiz. That is something I do not need Mom finding out about. I have never failed a quiz in my life and now is not a good time to start.

I think the last reason is the worst. Hehe. Not.

"Julie! Phone for you!" Mom hollered.

"I don't want to talk right now!" I holler back. I knew that it had to be Ana calling for Audric.

Audric couldn't call himself because that’s just plain weird. It's been a week since I stopped talking to and avoiding Audric all together. I probably would've avoided Ana and Jenna, but I see them at school so that doesn't work out to well.

I'm being a coward. I will admit that, but I'm just terrified that Audric will want something more now that I told him I loved him. Something more personal from me. Yeah. That's all I'm going to say. I know we're supposed to be mates -Ugh!- but I'm just not ready for that yet. I don't think I ever will be.

"Julie! Ana says she won't ever hang up till you talk to her! Just come!"

"I'm doing homework!" I shout. I'm not really. I'm lying on my bed thinking of ways to avoid Audric.

"It's Saturday! You don't have any homework!" Okay. She does have a point...

"Grrr!" I grumble, "Okay! I'm coming!" I pound down the stairs loud enough for Ana to hear on the phone and pick it up."Ana?"

"No. It's me." Audric. Of course.

"I don't really have the time to talk to you right now..." Ouch. Low blow. I feel horrible. This is the first time I've spoken to him and I already feel guilty.

"Okay then, just meet me at the park in an hour then." He hung up. Well. That was a blow to my self esteem. A boy hung up on me. Even if he is 20 something.

Now I face a new problem: Do I go? He sounded pretty desperate... Ugh. I am such a coward, not even able to face my very own boyfriend/mate... I took a deep breath and got ready to go to the park to meet my impending doom.

-~*~-

The stupid icy wind blew at my face. It was an unusually cold day in September. Normally, this time of year I just needed a light jacket and I'd be okay. Soooo not true. I rubbed my hands together and stuffed them in my jacket's pockets. I was sitting on an ice cold bench freezing my ice cold butt off waiting for Audric.