The Ugly Truth and the Beautiful Lie

A/N: Hi guys! Been long since I updated, but here it is! Hope you like it. Don't forget to vote and comment! Enjoy.

Chapter Four

Seth's PoV

I fastened Xandra to the baby seat that I always carry in the trunk in case my cousin Alysa visits, and I drive away.

Seeing them like that... it made my blood boil. I hated it. I hated how he touched her, how he treated her, how he brainwashes her with his sweet words. The sweet acts that feel so familiar.

He steals everything from me. He was of course, always the best. The better half. The good twin. I always fell second to him. The second option. The bad guy.

And now... the feelings that are rising up in me... all this jealousy, its wrong. It's so, so wrong. Why? I don't have the right to feel these emotions. She's not mine, but all I want to do is claim her and keep her to myself.

Out of all the things Raziel took from me, I'm making sure Cassandra won't be one of them.

I parked the car inside the garage and unbuckled my seat belt then proceeded to unbuckle Xandra too. I took her in my arms and saw she was fast asleep.

I gently cradled her and started walking slowly towards my room. I lay her in my bed and started looking at her eyes. She was beautiful. Though she was only a robot, she looked perfect to me. My child. Our child. Cassandra and I.

I quietly stripped off my clothes and went straight to the bath. After taking a quick shower, I quickly changed into my boxers and a black tee, which will serve as my pyjamas for the night.

I got out of the bathroom and Xandra started crying. I went and picked her up, rocked her back and forth, and cooed and sang hundreds and hundreds of lullabies, but the crying still wouldn't stop.

"Are you hungry, Princess?"

The crying stopped for a split second, then he cried twice as much. Oh shit. This is gonna be so hard.

I carried her down with me to the kitchen and I started looking for food, then I realized she was still an infant and could only drink milk.

I started to panic, but then a maid burst through the front door carrying plastic bags. "Sir, a lady said this was for you and your baby."

What? That would only mean one thing.

"Was she perhaps..." I started, looking for words to describe her. "Short, petite, but plump, had red hair and is undeniably beautiful?"

She started to think, "Now that I think about it, yes. She is undeniably beautiful."

The maid, her name was Jane. She was like, 15 years old, and she was the one I get along with the most. She was fun, and she was the only one who had the guts to talk to me. She was open-minded and young, and she also was the only young maid we have that was not attracted to me. We were almost friends, but she's still my maid.

She proceeded to put the bags on the counter as Xandra kept crying. "I didn't expect Alyssa to be here early Sir," she said confused. "I should have prepared the room earlier."

I laughed. "Are you sure this is Alyssa? This princess is way worse."

Her eyes went wide as she took all the things from the plastic bags.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Is that," she said, pointing to Xandra. "Was that girl... is that... did you get her pregnant? Is that your child? But Sir, you're just 18!"

I laughed my ass off. This girl, really. "No, of course not. Its a robotic baby for our SexEd project. And that girl is its mother."

She laughed at her own stupidness, then decided to make some milk for Xandra. Well, thankfully she did, because I didn't think of that.

As soon as her mouth touched the bottle, her crying stopped and she started quieting down. After all the contents of the bottle was gulped up, she fell into deep sleep.

Just as she fell asleep, Jane came down from the second floor to say that Alyssa's old nursery was ready. That's where Xandra will be staying.

I climbed up the stairs and set her down, put a blanket over her and turn off the lights. Alyssa's room was still like before.

I looked at her one last time before going downstairs to get a glass of water. As I got there, the door opened and in walked Raziel.

I huffed and went straight to the kitchen, not even bothering to look at him again.

Unfortunately, he had plastic bags of his own and put them in the kitchen. He didn't have his baby with him, so I'm assuming he left it with Therese or whatever her name was.

I was just keeping quiet and didn't mind him, but then he started talking.

"I didn't know you liked her."

I was about to reply, but I hestitated and decided on not saying a word.

"You know, if you don't, I could--"

That's it. "No."

He didn't reply, but all this anger, jealousy and all the emotions I've hidden inside me started to grow. I hate him. I hate being his shadow, I hate being second to him and I hate being under. This can't go on any longer.

"You," I said, fiercely pointing my finger to his chest, "Will not move a single strand of her hair, or touch her at all. She is mine, and mine alone."

He smirked, "Yours? Are you really thinking that? How is she yours when all she thinks of is me?"

I remained quiet, thinking deeply into it. He's right. Maybe she isn't mine. But I'll make her mine. One day.

"If anything, she belongs to me."

That's where I blew up. I grabbed his collar and lifted him up. I threw him across the room as he hit the wall and fell. I walked closer to him again and glared at him.

"You scumbag."

In pain, he looked back at me, a mischievious smile forming in his lips. "What do you expect from the devil? No wonder mom and dad named you that."

I ignored him and continued walking upstairs to my room, pretending not to hear him.

As I lay down in my bed, I realized she isn't mine yet. And there's a big chance Raziel would take her and play with her just the way he did with the others.

He was just a beautiful lie.

And I was the ugly truth.