O N E

Life can be good. Life can also suck ass. In my case life was just too complicated. Since my parents divorce everything went down the hill, my grades, my friends just everything. I don't even know why. I guess I took the divorce as an excuse to act immature and irresponsible.
That's why my mom send me away to live with my aunt and uncle in Los Angeles. I couldn't blame her though, I did some pretty fucked up things.

But today is a good day. A day to start off fresh. I could pretend to be a new person or even try to be new, act different. I can change and I will, I have to.

Those thoughts motivated me to actually leave my bed at 6am to get ready for my new life. I took my phone and checked my social media accounts. Then I got up and went to my closet to find an outfit. I went with normal black jeans and a plane white top. I'm not the type to dress up too much if I'm not going out. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my hair. Afterwards I put on some foundation, eyeliner and mascara. I did my brows and put on a nude lipstick.

I went into my bedroom again and grabbed my keys. I looked around the room and felt out of place. I miss home. I miss my mom and my friends no matter what a bad influence they were. I even missed my old high school. I used to live in New York with my mom and moving wasn't such a big change, besides the weather.
I still felt odd looking around "my" room.

My aunt and uncle are trying their best. They want me to feel at home but I can't. They are living their great life, living in a house in Los Angeles, not everyone can afford this.

It's been two weeks since I moved here but I didn't get to know anyone who's under 40. The neighbourhood was nice and a bit posh but the problem was that there were no teenagers.

"Anna! It's time to get up, I made you some breakfast come down!" My aunt Jesy screamed. Intensionally I rolled my eyes and screamed back "Yeah, just a second!"

I took my phone and bag and went downstairs into the kitchen area. On the countertop lay all sorts of fruit, bread, meat and even some pancakes.

I looked at my aunt and asked "Is anyone else joining? This is a lot of food and I'm not really hungry." "Honey, you gotta eat something! You can't go to school with an empty stomach!" She said. I looked at her and back to the countertop. Deciding what I should eat I took a plate out of the cabinet placed two pancakes on it with some fruit and decided to eat some Nutella with it.

"Are you excited for your new school?" My aunt was a pain in the ass in the morning. I couldn't function until at least half past seven, that's what made talking to her annoying. I took the plate and went into the dining room where my uncle sat with some newspaper in front of him. "No I'm not, it's just school. Besides who knows how long I will stay here anyway."

"Anna, sweetheart, you know your mom said you have to stay until you finish high school. Two years isn't that much, though. You'll see, we'll have so much fun, the time will fly by!"

I rolled my eyes at her, she was so delusional. My mom would come pick me up in like a month. She's not the person to stay mad at someone for long, besides I'm her daughter. "Yeah, whatever."

My aunt and uncle started talking about my uncles business. That was my queue to leave. I quickly finished eating my pancakes, got up and left the room without another word.

When I checked the time I saw that it is 7.15am I decided to put on my shoes and grab my leather jacket. Checking myself for the last time in the mirror I grabbed my keys and shut the door after I stepped out. Wearing a leather jacket in Los Angeles wasn't the best idea I was way too hot. I decided to leave it still on.

My school wasn't far from my aunts place that's why I decided to go there. On the way to high school I saw a small and cute looking coffee shop. I stopped and picked up an Iced Latte and went to school.

As I was entering the hallway of the school I had the feeling that everyone was staring at me. I went to the principals office, got my timetable and the code for my locker. As I was searching for my locker and trying to figure out my timetable I ran into a tall and hard frame.

*
Hi guys!
So this is the first chapter of my story. I hope you'll enjoy reading it. I'm trying my best to make this a great story so bare with me. :)
Please leave a vote and a comment this way I can figure out what you liked so far.

-M❤️