Chapter 2: Hatsune Miku

~Rin~

A sharp breath escaped from my mouth as I slammed my head into the table.

"Rin-Chan, I'm sure it's not a big deal! Look, Akita is viscous with anyone who even breathes the same air as Len. You'll be fine!" Miki beamed, giving me a reassuring smile.

"I-I dunno Miki-San...I've never dealt with these kinds of things since I've been homeschooled my whole life. I guess I just don't know how to deal with this.

"I get that! Look, whatever is going on, I'm sure it'll go away in the next few days. You'll be fine."

"But the note was pretty malicious an-"

"Nope!" Miki paused me, giggling off any tension between us. She put her hand on top of my shoulder, her warmth spreading throughout my blazer.

"I'm not letting my only friend worry! If anything happens to you, I can...try to prevent it. I'm not making any promises though since I'm not a very capable girl." As Miki attempted a humorous statement, a chill went down my spine thinking of all of the bad scenarios that were possible in my high school experience.

"S-sorry! Look, what I was trying to say was that I'll do anything in my abilities to help you. I don't want to see you hurt. Besides, what's the chances of you and Len falling in love?" I shuddered at the thought of that. What if Kagamine Len is a no good player from those cliche high school dramas? He was a popular guy who all the girls liked. By the looks of it, he could be a total jerk, but I couldn't know that for sure. I never talked to the guy after all.

"I guess you're right..." I murmured, completely shrugging off the conversation, and Miki seemed to as well.

"So," She cheered, breaking the tense atmosphere. "Besides the whole...Neru thing, how has school been treating you?"

I groaned, batting my eyes at the red head. "I thought it'd be a dream come true but this is stressful. My social awkwardness is a total bust. Plus, how am I going to survive high school not even knowing a single person here? Besides you of course."

"That's why you gotta make friends!" Miki cheered, making very evil hand gestures.

"Hey! I thought I am your only friend!"

"Well, yeah. But I actually plan to talk to people. There's a cute boy in our class and I don't mind gettin' a little action if you know what I'm sayin'." She smirked while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Gross!!!"

~•~•~

"It's alright, baby. I'll be right back."

"You promise?"

"Of course. I quadruple promise. You know I'd never leave you behind. I'll bring you back something nice, alright?"

"Okay, daddy."

~•~•~

Classes had just gotten out, and it felt as if you were holding your breath underwater as long as you could. All this pressure would build up, but as soon as you get some fresh air, you'd feel released.