Chapter 3: Getting In

~????~

"Excuse me," I frantically asked the freshman standing before me. "Has anyone seen a girl with short blonde hair?" They turned to me with an annoyed expression, but then their eyes beamed with happiness once their gaze landed on me.

"Sorry, we haven't seen anyone like that around." One of them said as they all shook their heads.

"Have you seen a girl with short blonde hair and blue eyes?"

"Nope."

"Hey, have you seen a girl, maybe about 4'11" with short blonde hair?"

"Who now?"

"Do you know a girl with short blonde hair?"

"No one around here has that kind of appearance."

"Have you seen a girl with short blonde hair that can sing?"

"I may have only seen that girl once, and I have no idea who she is. She's very isolated. Total nerd if you ask me. And she can sing? Yeah right."

This is worthless. This school is fricken huge! I don't know how to find a short girl in this kind of area. I promised I'd make it up to her...now I feel guilty. I couldn't even pick up her stuff for her. What an idiot I am!

I've asked most of the freshman I could ask...ugh, what if she isn't even a student here? But she has our uniform, so it doesn't make sense. She has to be a freshman, I just know it!

My back was slumped up against our schools cold walls. It's lonely in here, but I prefer this rather than all the students ganging up on me. I guess I'm fortunate enough to have a key to my own room here. My bento has been left untouched, seeing as I spent most of lunch trying to find this girl. There is no point in eating if I only have 8 to 10 minutes to try it.

I stood up from my position and opened up the door to put my bento away. My head hung low in defeat as my body was slumped over. I truly felt useless during this moment. I don't wanna give up though! This is just really hard.

"Hatsune-San, are you alright?" I turned around to find the source of the concerned voice. Before me stood a girl around my height. She had long red hair, with a pair of matching eyes. She looked very genuine.

"I'm fine. I'm just trying to find someone." I gazed at her once more. I think I've seen her before in Len's class. That means she's a freshman!

"Hey, wait a minute, do you think you could help me?" I shot up, a smile growing more and more by the second.

"I don't know...I'm not the best to ask..." Her gaze fell towards the floor as she fiddled with her fingers.

"Nonsense!" I bounced up, filled with enthusiasm. "Do you happen to know a girl with short blonde hair, blue eyes, and can sing?"

She fell silent before replying with, "Kyone Rin?" The girl was confused, so much so that question marks could fly across her head.

"You know her?!"

"Yeah, she is so nice! Rin was just heading to class early. She tends to be late all the time since this is her first time being in a public school." Ohhh, that must be why I couldn't find her.