Ch 1 (All Grown Up)

Just Another Generation

Chapter 1:

ANGIE's POV:

He was walking around his house like he was really confused. He did this a lot.

He stopped sulking around and decided to drop himself down on the couch.

He looked over at the alcohol bottle on the table next to the couch.

"Don't do it, Dad," I yelled.

He didn't hear me.

He grabbed the bottle, took the cap off and stared at the bottle longingly.

I walked up to him. "Please Daddy! Put the alcohol down! This isn't good for your health!"

I reached for the bottle but my hand slipped right through it.

I bit my lip. I always forget I only see him in my dreams now.

I felt a tear slip down my cheek.

"Daddy, I miss you," I said crying.

My dad's eyes left the bottle of alcohol and seemed to stare at me instead.

His lips parted as if he'd just seen a ghost.

"Angie," he said. "Is that you?"

***********

"Hey Angie, Aiden! Wake up! It's time for school!"

My eyes jolted open. I was in my room, on my bed.

I breathed fast and heavily.

I swear, these dreams just keep getting creepier and creepier.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Angie, wake up!"

"Already am, Mom," I yelled back.

"Good girl!"

I sat up on my bed and quickly took a deep breath.

I have to remember, my dad's just my past.

I stood up and walked over to my dresser.

I opened it up and pulled out a casual light blue t-shirt with light blue skinny jeans, pre ripped right above the knee.

I slipped them on.

I stood in front of the full-sized mirror that Kira had glued to the back of the door.

I looked alright, for an average freshmen, anyway.

I sighed. I couldn't believe I was this old.

Seems like it's been only a year since I last saw Him.

I took hold of the doorknob to my room's door and opened it.

I walked out of my room, and down the stairs of this big house.

I sniffed the air.

Pancakes.

His favorite.

I wonder how Mom felt about having this breakfast especially since today's the four year anniversary of the day we got here.

I walked into the kitchen to see the whole group walking around.

Kira and Elliot were rummaging through the cubbards while Aiden was sitting at the table scarfing down his pancakes.

My mom was by the phone, blabbing away, probably to Auntie Trish again.

She's not really my Aunt but she's so much like family, it doesn't even matter much. Same with 'Aunt Kira,' and 'Uncle Elliot.'

Angela, or as I call her: My Twin, was standing by my mom, as if she was waiting for the phone, probably to call her boyfriend or something.

I don't have a boyfriend yet, not sure I want one after seeing how badly my parent's relationship worked out.

I walked up to the table and sat down next to my brother.

"Hey, Aiden," I greeted him.

He looked up at me. "Hey Angela. Today's the day, huh?"

I nodded sadly. "I miss him."

Aiden crinkled his eyebrows. "I don't. Not after what he did to mom."

I rolled my eyes. "That wasn't him. That was alcohol. Everything that comes out of alcohol, is an accident!"

Aiden smirked. "Like you?"

My jaw dropped. I fiercely took hold of Aiden's arm and pinched him hard. "Take it back! Take it back, now!!"

"Never," he yelled.

I pinched him harder. "Take it back now!!"

"Woah, woah," Kira said getting in between us. "What is going on?!"

"He called me an accident," I yelled.

Kira gave Aiden a stern look. "Buddy, you know how sensitive your sister is about this subject. Now, say sorry!"

Aiden rolled his eyes. "I'm sorry," he said. "That you were born accidentally while I was born cause our parents actually wanted me."

"Alright, that's it!!!"

I lunged at him, but before I could get my hands on him, Kira caught me and brought me back to my chair.

"I swear," I heard her mutter. "Sometimes you guys don't act like your twelve and fourteen."

Aiden went back to eating his pancakes.

Even though I had a plate in front of me, I didn't bother to eat any of it. It was just too hard for me today.

I leaned my head down on the table and buried my head in my arms.

After a few seconds, I felt a hand rub my back.

I lifted my head and looked up.

My mom was standing right there.

She smiled softly. "You okay, Angie?"

I shrugged.

She took my hand and walked me into the living room.

She sat me down on the couch and sat next to me.

She sighed. "You know you weren't an accident, right?"

I looked down. "I don't know anymore."

"Hey," she said lifting my chin up to look in her eyes. "Don't listen to Aiden. He's just being a little brother, teasing you. We wanted you just as much as we wanted him!"

I nodded. "You're right."

We sat in silence for a few seconds.

(((((((((AND THAT CONCLUDES THIS CHAPTER. I KNOW ITS ALL CONFUSING. YOU GUYS ARE PROB LIKE, "WOAH, WHAT HAPPENED TO AUSTIN," AND STUFF LIKE THAT. EVERYTHING WILL BECOME CLEAR SHORTLY!