Chapter 12

They had arrived in a large hallway. The walls and ceiling were a deep, burgundy color, and the floor was black. At the end of the long hallway was a bright red door. Yuno walked forward, touched the knob, and almost immediately recoiled. The knob was a white color, which Yuno had mistaken for paint. The doorknob was really made of metal, and was glowing white-hot.

"Ah!" she yelped, clutching her hand. Greyson peered at it in disgust.

"Ugh, I can already see the blisters forming! how repulsive!" he cried.

"Shut up!" Archer hissed, "I don't see you enduring the pain of a second-degree burn!"

"Why don't you touch the doorknob to see how it feels!" Yuno exclaimed, grabbing his hand and dragging it towards the door.

"OK Ok Ok Ok Ok! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Greyson shrieked, as his hand neared the hot metal. Yuno let him go, and he fainted on the spot.

"Don't you think that was a bit extreme?" Nala asked, her eyes wide.

"He deserved it." Yuno replied matter-of-factly.

"Are you okay, Yuno? You're acting strange," Osiris commented.

"Yes, I'm tooootally fine! It's not like I just got a second-degree burn from this door! It's not like we're trapped in some sadist's secret lair! It's not like we're about to die! It's not like..." Yuno trailed off, defeated. "It's not like I'm going to survive."

"Why not?" Archer asked.

"Huh?"
"Why won't you survive?" Archer clarified.

"Because... I'm not good at anything. I don't have a special talent like all of you. I'm not from the military like Kalum, I'm not good with computers like Nala, I don't have the courage to chop off my hand like you, I'm not rich like Greyson, and I'm not a leader like Osiris. All I am is a scared little girl."

"You're not just a scared little girl! You completely destroyed the meat in the last trap, and you were super badass just now when you almost killed Greyson! I've wanted revenge on that little shit ever since he woke up!" Osiris countered. "You're a huge help to this group, everyone is an important part of this group. We all need to stick together and not separate because all of us are going to be needed for each task that comes our way."

"We need to find a way to open that door." Nala interrupted.

"This room seems strange there doesn't seem to be a specific task we have to complete."

Suddenly there was a loud crackling noise coming from the speaker and they suddenly heard the ominous voice speak to them once again.

"Don't waste your energy on thinking how to get past this door. You will need to save your thinking power for the next room."

Everyone just stared at each other blankly, uncertain of what they should do.

Osiris suddenly broke the silence,"It seems that the answer to this is far simpler than we think. Maybe there is not a specific task we have to complete."

His eyes darted across the room and came across a small hook in the middle of the wall. There was a pair of oven mitts hanging on it.

"I think we have found our solution." Said Kalum.

"Guys are you crazy! This is obviously a trap!" Archer exclaimed.

"No, that is the whole point of the trap, we have to trust it. There is no other way out of here."said Osiris.

"Someone just grab it already!" Greyson replied.

Yuno bravely marched up to the hook on the wall snatched the oven mitts, and put them on. Everyone stared at her blankly half expecting some kind of awful thing to happen but nothing did. She then walked up to the door, turned the knob and it opened. And nothing happened...