Chapter Four: Into the Capitol

The ride to the Capitol didn't take long at all, but it was long enough for me to contemplate everything. Even now, as I climb out of the hovercraft, I can feel my legs shaking. But I must stay strong. I must be ready.

Haymitch puts a hand on my shoulder and smiles sadly. " It'll be fine, boy," he says gruffly.

I nod, gulping. I open my mouth to talk but my tongue feels like sandpaper in my mouth. I eventually soak it and say, " Everybody get their weapons and get into that truck there," I point to a camouflaged, large truck.

Everyone nods and starts picking out weapons. I spot a beautiful bow and arrow that Katniss would love, and pick it up, sliding it over my shoulder. I then pick out a large gun for myself.

Everybody is already on the truck and I feel myself starting to get nervous as I clamber in. Finnicks in casually leaning on his trident and Johanna swings her axe from side to side menacingly. I prop my gun next to my leg.

" You know, it won't be that difficult to get to Katniss," Finnick says, trying to comfort me.

" Yeah, I guess," I reply, " what about Annie?"

" She'll be even easier," he grins, " it's hard to hide her hair. It's so long and red and beautiful."

" She sounds lovely," I tell him.

It's a couple hours later that we pull up at a store on the outskirts of the Capitol. It's quaint and quiet, but I can still hear the ruckus coming from the centre of the city. We all climb out but all of us, except for Haymitch, look confused. I turn to him.

" Plutarch knew a guy." He shrugs his shoulders and walks in.

Inside, I can see all different types of clothing. I frown and ask, " why?"

" Everybody's after us," he says, " we have to be in disguise."

I nod in realisation and find something that should change my appearance almost completely. I grab a long sleeved, brown shirt with feathers on the shoulders and grey pants that bulge out. I strip and pull my new clothing on. I take a hat that conceals my face and put that on.

We all walk out in our new clothes and start walking towards the centre of the hell hole that is the Capitol. This is it then. This is when we save Katniss.