Apartment 109 (unfinished)

I remember looking up at the looming structure that stood before me. It was a tall red brick one. I glanced down at the luggage that was clutched tightly in my hands. The moving van pulled up shortly after with the rest of our stuff inside. I already didn't like this new place that I was going to call home, but with my dad's new job what other choice did I have.

I sighed softly and dropped my bags to the sidewalk. They were heavy and we had to wait for the manager of the building to arrive so that she could give my mom the key to the apartment.

My brother who was a bit older came up beside me. I glanced up at him, his hair was shaggy styled and was a dark brown. His eyes were a deep hazel. He was handsome in his looks but he was my brother.

He smiled down at me and reached out tosseling my dirty blonde hair. "

It's gonna be alright kiddo." he said as he noticed the sour look on my face.

I shook my head. "Thats easy for you to say. I don't like it here, its not like our house that we had, this is a small smelly apartment. A building that we will be sharing with a bunch of other people." I

"Your making this so much harder on yourself Ashlynn, just go with it. There is nothing more we can do."

I knew he was right, but I didn't want to except it. Instead I crossed my arms over my chest and watched him as he walked away heading over to help my mom and dad unload the moving truck.

I turned and sat on the bottem step that led to the main door of the apartment. I reached into my jacket pocket, pulling out a piece of peppermint gum. I unwrapped it and placed it in my mouth. After chewing it and popping a few bubbles I huddled up in my jacket.

Fall really was showing itself now. I glanced up at the trees taking in full notice of the color changed leaves as they swayed in the wind. I closed my eyes for a moment, actually enjoing the cool breeze on my face.

I soon opened them to the sound of a horn honking. As I opened my eyes I saw the maroon colored car pull up to the curb. A hand was waving out the window. She soon parked and stepped out. Sure enough it was the building manager Mrs. Janet Anderson.

She was a short chubby woman, with blonde hair and deep brown eyes. She seemed so excited to see my mom. Of course my mom was a very likable woman. She was not shy and loved to talk.

Mrs. Anderson walked towards my mother waving the keys above her head as if our apartment was a grand prize winning gift or something. I stood up and popped another bubble from my gum and placed my hands in my pockets heading towards them. My mother was talking about a mile a minute as I approached.

"Ah this is my son Cody." my mother stated as she pointed him out, she then layed her eyes on me. "This here is my daughter Ashlynn." I nodded to Mrs. Anderson and put the best fake smile on my face that I could possibly muster.

"Such sweet children." Mrs Anderson said as she smiled and nodded to both of us. She then turned back to face my mother. As they continued talking I looked my mother over, drowing out their conversation.

She was a petit woman with long brown hair and Hazel colored eyes. She had a beautiful smile and an outgoing personailty. Oh how I loved my mother.

Mrs. Anderson handed my mother the keys. As she turned to walked towards the building I heard my father yell to my brother to come and help him as he started to unhaul the heavy items from the truck. My mother turned to Cody.

"Me and Ashlynn will take the luggage upstairs so that I can sign the rest of the papers for Mrs. Anderson. You and your father can join us when you get some more of the truck unloaded. "