Chapter 5: The Tattoo Symbol

*Victoria's P.O.V*

       I woke up from the pounding sensation coming from my head, I couldn't remember what happened yesterday. The only thing I remember is being chased by a stranger and that everything turned black.

       Meanwhile, I started to stand up and headed straight to the kitchen. I saw my mom and my brother chatting with something. I didn't show up instead, I just hid behind the couch. I listened to them carefully and they were talking about what happened yesterday.

       "That guy is so sweet that he brought my daughter back home safe" My mother said. I was wondering who brought me here. This is when my brother slightly growled.

       "I think I don't trust him" Brandon said,  clenching his fist.

       My mom shook her head as disagreement. "Look, you shouldn't be that overprotective to her. Look, he is the one who saved my daughter and bring her back safe, you should have been thankful about that, honey" Mom said.

       And after that, I stood up and headed straight to them. I cheerfully greeted them as they did the same. I sat down between my brother and mom. They looked at me worriedly.

       "You okay now honey? Is there something painful? Good thing that, that boy you met is polite and honest and bring you back home" my mom grinned but my brother rolled his eyes in annoyance. I smiled and my cheeks turns a slight red.

       After a while, I finished my breakfast and stood up to go to my room to be ready for school.

       I was almost done fixing my hair and accessories, I heard a honk from outside, maybe my mates are here. 

       I looked out the window.

       But in my surprise, it was different; the car was different from my friend's. It looked like a cool Lamborghini black car. This is like a car from a millionaire...I was cut out of my thought when my mom suddenly yelled for my name so I quickly gathered all my things in my bag before heading downstairs.

       I was in the living room to see my mom and that boy who nearly got me killed.

        I shifted uncomfortably. I gulped and shyly waved at him, I didn't remember his name, since I don't think mush about him. 

        Meanwhile, he stood step forward in front of me. He reached out his hand for me to shake but I can feel my cheeks are starting to burn.

       After a moment standing awkward facing each other, my mom cleared her throat that cut me out of my thoughts. 

       We started heading to his car but before I enter his car, I looked back at my mom and waved at her. The car was so clean and has a minty smell in it. It was cool and awesome..., after a moment he started the car and drove to school. As soon as we enter the campus, all eyes we're on us and some are whispering to each other which really made me that uncomfortable.

       I looked at him and whispered in his ears. "Can I please go in by myself, I don't think they would get this right that we're aren't together." I said.

       "I am not that comfortable at anyone seeing me with a guy which they aren't used to see, especially my friends will wonder about it" I explained. And he finally looked at me with a sly smile formed on his lips. He nodded understandingly. I thanked him and immediately hopped out the car.

       When I was about to leave, I remembered that I haven't caught his name again, so I turned to face him.

       "Ahmmm, by the way. What is your name again?" I asked shyly. He looked at me and smiled.