Chapter 11: The Present

You can't continue being like this. Choi Minho, get a grip.

Minho stared blankly at the gifts from his fans, which were all gathered in a pile at the corner of his room. By the time he got in his room, he went straight for his bed and flopped down on it, and rested his back at the wall. Good thing his keys were always inside his pocket, that's why he didn't have to knock and answer all the member's questions. Of all times, this is the definitely not the best time to piss him off.

"Are you okay?"

His head slowly turned to his door and saw his hyung watching him with curious and concerned eyes.

"I've been checking on you a while ago, but you weren't here yet. Good thing you're finally back."

"Hyung..." He cleared his throat. "Yeah, I'm okay. I'm sorry, okay I'll be out in a while to treat you all soju. Just give me a minute."

"Is there something wrong? Really..." Jinki continued to ask, though his voice remained the same soothing and gentle voice Minho would always associate with this clumsy yet, a very caring hyung of his.

He sighed. He felt like he would just explode anytime soon if he wouldn't talk to anyone now.

"Well... not really. But kinda, yes... I dunno. I'm sorry, I know I don't make any sense."

"Want to spill it out?" Jinki came closer and sat at the corner of his bed.

Minho bit his lip, hesitation holding him back. But what can he lose if he'd say what's bugging him to someone he'd grown with for years? Especially his Onew hyung?

"Well... I can't really say exactly what's wrong. S-something's just up with me, and I don't even know if I'm happy or not."

"Tell me. Is there someone who caused this? Because I'm pretty sure there is." Onew said.

The younger boy noticed something in the older boy's hands--a rectangular-shaped item, looking like an envelope, was designed with a ribbon at its opening. Well it does look like a present, he thought, but didn't mind asking for who and what it is. He felt so occupied his usual curiousity just left him all of a sudden.

"It's noona." His voice cracked.

"Oh." The older boy nodded, enlightened, though he didn't looked shocked at all.

"Aren't you going to ask who she is?" Minho asked in a mild tone.

"Well I'm betting it's Yuri you're talking about. She's basically the only girl older than you who speaks and approaches you... a lot." Jinki raised his eyebrows. "So... do you, still like her?"

This sudden question made his heartbeat race.

Oh right, a small smile appeared on his lips as memories began to dawn back at him. He remembered confessing it to his hyungs before that he liked her back then, and he'd occasionally sneak to watch her as she'd attend rehearsals for their upcoming comeback.

But then...

"I don't know anymore." He said blandly. "I'm not sure if what I'm feeling right now tells me that I love her as an older girl-friend of mine, or way beyond that." Minho smirked at himself.

"Back when I started liking her, I remembered when I used to think I stand no chance for her to even notice me. Who wouldn't? She's almost perfect. She's pretty, kind and a lot of boys are ready to fight just to get to her. She was on the same building as I am, but it seems that she's still out of my reach. I'm younger. I'm probably just a younger brother to her. And she's for sure looking for someone matured and older than her, even though people would often say that my maturity is unusual for a male to have at my age that time."