CHAPTER 32

"Hey dad."
I said my voice weak I knew that he was pissed and I could basically smell the alcohol on his breath. Here he was standing on my boyfriend's door step much less. Joey and Shane looked over at eachother. Shane walked up and pushed past me while also managing to put himself between me and my dad. "Hello I'm guessing your Ashton's dad please come in we made breakfast if you'd like some."
My dad looked over at me and I could feel the anger radiating of of him. He pushed past Shane and grabbed my arm.
"No that's ok i was just coming to get Ashton." I winced at his tone it was so....fake. Shane looked over at me with sympathy.
Shane's eyes soften as he turns back to my father with confidence.
"Alright if you want to wait outside Ashton can get his things and will meet you out side." Shane said with out room for argument. My dad gave a gruff "fine" and went to his car.
Shane shut the door and turned to face me.
"Are you ok you seemed a little tense around him." Shane asked.
I knew he wasn't going to believe me but there was know way I was going to tell him the truth. My dad may be a bastard and beats me but he's the only thing I have. If I go to Foster care I can't be with Cole and my life would go even further down the drain.
"No I'm just tired." I turned to Cole. "I'll see you at school ok?" Nodding he  hugged me and I pulled him closer into a kiss. I went upstairs to grab my things once I was done I checked my pants pocket. In it was a little bag, I sniffed the white stuff and smiled. Good there's some left

I'm Ganna need it.