Do You Want To Play?

The two boys picked up their bikes for they left them near the road.  "Dad we'll meet you back at the house." said Jake  "Yo, go straight home!" , he demanded  The two boys head up the hill.  Not looking back.  Jake just wanted to get there before the ice cream melts.  But Jericho still had that child voice in his head.  He wanted light, and inside the house was what he needed.

Jim and John continued walking up the road.  "John don't saw scary stories in front of Jericho, he seems to believe anything." said Jim  "That wasn't a story.  That was the truth." said John.   "Come on, you pulling my leg," said Jim with a grin. 

"I'm surprised you did hear about the incident.  You'll be up to date with all the electric gadgets.  Anyway, Mr. Berry the owner of the farms was blamed for his two boys murder.  One was found in one of the freezers, frozen to death and the other was cooked inside the fireplace like a roast.  They said that old man Berry went crazy.  He had one of his boy hug tie a pig.  The kid was only four, not stronger than the bore, so the bore injured the child badly, and also bit his left ear off." explained John   

Jim glanced at him and in his face, you can tell that he didn't believe a word he said.    "Shit, don't look at me like that, I'm telling you the truth.  I will tell you to look it up on those things on your cell phone, but that junk don't work up here." said John  "Really that happen?" he said as they were a couple feet from the house.   "Dude that ain't nothing, when the police came to arrest Mr. Berry they found him chopped up into pieces scattered around the yard.  The way they put those pictures in the newspaper was disgusting." said John   "So, who killed Mr. Berry if he's the one that kills his sons?" asked Jim as they were walking into the house.   "Brother that's the misery.  Some say, that the old man was innocent and someone else kills them all.  Others say, that someone out there figures jail was too good for Mr. Berry." said John  

"What do you think?  You knew the man, right?" asked Jim  "What do I think doesn't matter.  Nothing can ever be proven.  But I know his firstborn son, took all the cash and close down the farm.  I think he moved to California. That's why I think did it, his firstborn. Sometimes Mr. Berry needs extra help, Frank will disappear for weeks, having the five-year-old twins made it difficult for him to take care of the farm and the boys.  So now and then, I help with the cow and the machines.   Mr. Berry was a good man,  he didn't deserve to die that way." said John  

"The firstborn, are you sure?  How old is this dude?" Jim asked feeling bad for the dead.   "He just turned twenty-one a month before closing up the farm for good.  He sold all the animal to other neighborhood farms." said John  "What about that land, is he selling it?" asked Jim  "Don't tell me you want to buy it, dude, two other men were interested and somehow they both die,  the same way." he explained  "What do you mean the same way?" asked Jim not realizing that his wife was now listing to the tall tale.  

The boys, they went to bed.  "No one knows how it happens, but they were both found, with their hands and feet chopped off.  They bleed to death." said John  "You know, forget I asked, I see in the morning." said Jim as he grabbed Tasha's hand and goes up the steps to the guest room.

"Good night, see you too tomorrow," said John as he headed to his bedroom across from the guest room.  "Dude after that story you told me, I doubt I can sleep. See you tomorrow," said Jim as he closes the door behind him.

"I didn't know you took the boys with you." said Tasha  "I didn't, we found them wandering around at the old Berry Farm." he explained  "I know damn well you punished them." she replied  "We can do that in the morning, sweet, I tired, good night." said Jim as he kisses her  "Good night sweetie."  They fell asleep quickly.

Now Jericho, he surely was having plenty of trouble falling asleep. Every time he closes his eyes, he heard the creepy kids voice.  "Do you want to play?" "That freaken voice! What did he mean by that?" he thought as he got up to use the bathroom.  As he peeing he glances out the window.  "Holly shit!  What the hell was that?" he said but when he looks again, whatever that was, it was gone.

"Shit I really need to get some sleep, I'm seeing things," he said as he finished and washed his hands.  Then he went to close the curtain when the face of a young boy dress like a clown appeared close up on the window glass.  "Do you want to play?" it whispered.  Jericho fell back to the floor.  "Holly shit, I no longer think I'm seeing things," he said as he ran back to the room, jumped on the bed and covered his face.  "I didn't see a thing, I didn't see a thing," he said over and over hoping that makes him sleepy.

"Jake, wake up!" he muttered loud trying to wake his brother.  Jake was out in Lala land, nothing was waking him up.  Jericho figure, he'll run down the hall to where his mother was sleeping.  Jericho tip-toe and run down the hallway hoping that thing didn't return.

Then something happens, the sun was rising and the birds were out singing their songs. Somehow the roof started to part, under the area where Jericho was walking a separated and rolled up like the top of sardine's can.   Jericho looked up and he could see the sun rising light.  "My goodness it's morning already," he muttered as he looked over at Jake who was still out cold.   "I've just seen the roof opened up.  Maybe I'm already sleeping and this is my nightmare." he thought as he feet felt like they were nailed to the floor.  No matter how many times he tried to move his feet, nothing happen.

"This was making Jericho scare but before he could scream for help, "Do you want to play?" asked the boy  "No one want's to play, just go away!" he scared as he tried to run back to his room.