Prologue

Hi guys! So this is not really my first attempt at a story, but it is the first time that I ever tried to put anything up anywhere, so let's see how it goes! This chapter is in the third person because the 1st person character comes in when it goes back in time. Tell me what you think! I'll probably post Chapter 1 sooner or later tonight as well. If not then, then tomorrow!

Prologue:

2080

            The woman got out of her car, pressing a simple button so that the door would snap shut. She then sighed and walked on.

            “You can do this,” she whispered to herself, taking a deep breath as she started to walk towards the building in front of her.

            The doors swung open as she passed through them, making it as if they were never there in the first place. The woman swung her long black hair behind her back so that it wouldn’t get in her eyes. Then, she went to the front desk and put her hands gently on it, waiting for someone to notice her.

            “Ahh, Illyria! Hello! How have you been? Your grandmother and all of her friends are waiting for you in section 23B. Would you like me to send you there now?” The blonde haired receptionist asked once she noticed Illyria.

            “Yes, that would be of great help, thank you,” Illyria said politely, giving her a small smile.

            “If you don’t mind me asking miss, but why is it that you just have a notebook today? You usually bring your grandmother all kinds of surprises when you come to visit her. She always loves seeing you,” the receptionist said as she went over to the machine that would take Illyria to her grandmother and turned it on, pressing the right coordinates on the map.

            “It’s more of a writing day for us,” Was all Illyria said as she stepped into the machine and closed her eyes, waiting for her to be whisked up into paradise.

            Seconds later, Illyria could hear the sound of waves crashing against each other and smelt the smell of the ocean. This was her grandmother’s favorite place to be as well as hers.

            “Illyria! Come here  and give your grandmother a kiss!” She heard her grandma say with a smile on her face.

            Illyria walked over to her and kissed her wrinkled cheek gently before getting up and doing the same to all of her grandmother’s friends.

            “Okay, I would love to sit and catch up, but my publisher is really itching for a new book, and we need to get this going before he starts to get angry,” Illyria said, feeling sorry that she could not talk to the elderly women for more than a few mere seconds before they had to all get to work.

            “It’s okay honey. We understand that. Please, take a seat with us,” Celia, her grandmother’s best and oldest friend said, pointing to the seat next to her.

            “Gladly,” Illyria breathed and sat down, immediately opening her notebook. “Okay, so which of you would like to go first?”           

            Illyria looked at Celia next to her, her grandmother, Lilah, who was in the middle, and Serah who was sitting on the other side of Lilah, as they whispered to each other about which one of them would be able to tell the untold first.

            “Since I am your grandmother and I’m actually feeling quite tired, I’ll go first. I’d like to get to bed soon,” Lilah stated, looking over at Illyria and smiling.

            “Alright, whenever you’re ready,” Illyria said, looking down at her notebook and pencil, ready to write as fast as she possibly could.

            “Well, it all started a little like this…”