Chapter 6

Hiya guys! Next chapter is here! Enjoy it. Bye! 

Chapter 6:

            By the time we had gotten to school, Chemistry was already half way through.

            “I told you that we were going to be late for Chemistry! Why don’t you ever listen to me?” I yelled at Aleks as I pouted and got out of the car.

            We had to park in the way back of the senior parking lot because school was already over half way through and the kids who were here way before us had taken all the good spots.

            “Oh, shush. Be lucky that we got here for Chemistry at all. With the way the traffic was going, I wasn’t quite sure if we were going to make it before school ended, let alone this class,” Aleks mumbled, started walking towards the school.

            “So what are we going to even say to the office. ‘Oh, hey there! It took us around 4 hours to get our car fixed but we here now and it’s all good. We’ll just be going to our classes now. Bye!’” I said sarcastically, glaring at him.

            “Yepp, pretty much. Trust me, they’ll buy. Even the adults here are scared of me so they won’t even ask any questions,” Aleks said, showing the slightest bit of a smirk.

            I rolled my eyes. “Why is everyone so scared of you anyways? I mean, I’ve heard some pretty nasty rumors but I’ve never really believed any of them. What is the real reason why people are so afraid of you?”

            He turned around and looked at me, his green eyes piercing through my brown ones. “They just are. They make up all these stupid rumors and sooner or later, everyone starts to actually believe them. That’s the only reason that they’re scared of me.”

            For a second, his expression faltered just a little, as if he was lying to me, but then he regained his composure and sighed. “Just, don’t worry about it. None of those rumors are true. Whatever you hear, don’t listen to them, alright; they aren’t me at all.”

            I gave him a small half smile and lightly patted him on the back. “Trust me, I never believed them in the first place so you don’t have to worry about me believing them. Well, maybe I will a little, after all the deception you did today,” I said, teasing him.

            He tensed up slightly but kept his face straight. “I wasn’t doing any deception. I just thought that you shouldn’t have known stuff that you really didn’t need to, for your safety. Actually, the less you know, the better. How would I know that you spoke Spanish?”

            I smirked. “Yupp, I do. I’ve been able to speak it since fluently since I was 14 or so. I can speak Mandarin as well but I don’t really use it all that much. Ever since my Dad died, I haven’t really spoken it.”

            He frowned. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said anything.

            I waved him off. “It isn’t your fault. You don’t need to feel sorry, it was a long time ago. Don’t worry about it.”

            “So, you speak Mandarin, huh? Say something in it! Please? I wanna hear it,” Aleks whined, pouting out his lower lip.

            I shook my head and chuckled. “Nope, sorry. Maybe I’ll say something to you in it another day, but not right now. I’m not in the mood.”

            He pouted some more but then smiled. “Alright, whatever you please.”

            “Well, I can really say that I used to think you were the biggest dick in the world. Now, you’re not half bad,” I chuckled lightly as we walked into the front door of the high school.