Two

She sat there waiting for their reaction

      She sat there waiting for their reaction. They just smiled as they looked at each other and then they looked at her smiling, still.
       "Hi Nico-"
       "Nicky," she said with a small smile, "I go by Nicky."
       "Ok, Nicky, well hi," Zay smiled before turning to the others, "Topanga's?"
       "Sure," everyone, but Nicky, responded. Noticing the girl didn't answer Farkle looked at her.
       "Is that okay with you," he asked with a small smile.
       "Oh, uh, yeah," she said with a small smile that matched his.
       "Good, see you there," he responded with a bigger smile as the bell rang.

♡♡♡♡♡
       Nicolate made it to the cafe as soon as she could seeing as she had no transport. Her mom had to work extra shifts this week so she couldn't bring her and her brother was at NYC. 
         She slowed her breathing down before walking into Topanga's, only to see the group sitting at a booth chatting.
       "Sorry I'm late," she said quietly. Farkle smiled as he moved over for her to sit.
       "Its okay," he responded looking at her. Riley noticed the way he looked at her and realized something. She leaned over to Maya and whispered in her ear making the girl smile.
        "So," Nicky said looking at the group, "how does this work?"
        "Well we can all do some research and take a few notes. Then compare the notes and make the poster with the important point and a few pictures," Lucas explained to her.
        "I got the pictures,"Maya smiled grabbing her pencils out of Riley's bag.
         "You draw," Nicky asked with a small smile.
        "Yeah, do you," Maya asked smiling. The girl shook her head with a small pout.
         "What do you like to do," Riley asked making the girl sit straighter.
         "I like to write," Nicolate answered with a smile.
          "Like stories," Farkle asked making her nod, " I'd love to read some of your writings," he smiled.
          "Maybe I'll let you," she responded with a smile.

Comment.     Vote.     Follow.