Chapter 7: Ouch

Rachel POV:

I heard something pounding against the wall. I walked into Patrick's room, and saw him punching holes in his wall while crying. "HEY PATRICK!!" I screamed at him. He looked at me then sat down with his head in his hands. I kneeled down and looked into his eyes. They were bright red. "What's going on?" I asked. "She found someone. Rachel. She found someone." He said in between his painful cries. I looked at his fist it was bleeding. I wrapped it in the nearest t-shirt I could find. "I told you, you are going to have to deal with what her decisions are." "But this is different, I love her," He said. "How is that any different from what I told you??" I yelled. "Patrick you need to shape up!! You can't spend all your life on her!! You need to move on! Find another girl!!" I started to cry with him. "Well what if I don't have a life to look forward to!!" Patrick screeched back. He pulled out a pocketknife, and just as he was about to take his life, I grabbed the knife by the blade and took it away. Of course I cut myself while doing this, and it didn't feel fantastic either. "What did you do that for???" He screamed so everyone could hear him. He sat down and started to sob even more."I can't let you murder yourself!! You are still a human. You are loved by many people, not just Sheydden and I. Remember Patrick I was raised to defend. I know what it's like to be depressed it really isn't a good feeling, but you have to suck it up sometimes. I know it's hard. It's okay to feel sad, mad, stressed, and depressed." I said sniffling in between words. "Thanks Rachel," He explained, hugging me. "So....uh I need.. to go and...." I cut my self off by looking at my hand, giving him the message.

As I was getting the bandages, Sheydden saw my hand. "WHAT DID HE DO???" She asked. "HE didn't do ANYTHING. I did this. You know he doesn't do EVERYTHING!!" I yelled. "Oh, sorry, then why did you do that, are you okay?" She asked. "I'm fine, but your ex-boyfriend isn't. He tried to kill himself. I blocked the blade." I explained. "He said he was fine." "Yeah and when I said I was okay when you dated my ex-boyfriend. I wasn't. But we talked about that, remember?" "YES!!! And then you said that you got over it after a while. I'm so sorry. I really didn't mean to hurt you or Patrick in any way possible." She told me. "I know, and I told him, he needs to let things go." "Thank you Rachel," Sheydden said motioning into a quick hug. "Should I go talk to him?" She asked. "Yes," I said washing and drying my hand off.