Lance and Blue

It started with simple thoughts in the back of his mind, which he passed off as Blue being angry for not properly cleaning her. At those assumptions, Lance just smiled and cleaned her thoroughly, because an unhappy lion weighed heavily on his mind through their bond. He took his time, making sure she was taking care of. When he was done, she just scoffed and didn't talk to him. He shrugged at it like it was normal, perhaps something on a mission. He didn't bother to ask or question, just leaving Blue to herself as Lance retired for the night.

As Lance was getting ready for bed, a strong pulse crashed through his head and sent him tumbling to the floor. His head throbbed, as if he had just been hit by a baseball bat. He was on the ground, hands and knees, gasping for breath and whining at the pain. He pushed off his hands and into his bed, almost screaming at the pure torture ripping through his head. He laid down, not bothering to finish getting ready for bed. He clapped and his lights turned off, and he sighed.

Lance eventually drifted to a restless and painful sleep, images of suffering and worthlessness troubling his dreams. He woke up many times through the night, and much to his discomfort, his headache was still there. Granted, it wasn't as intense and he felt 400 times better, but the constant ache was still ever present. He slowly drifted back into a state of 'rest', and slept throughout the remainder of the night.

Lance was the first of the paladins up, much to his surprise. Allura was up, almost as if she didn't sleep, and greeted Lance in the kitchen. He winced, his horrendous headache still ravaging his mind. Allura asked him what was wrong and he said nothing, almost as if it was a simple migraine. Allura just shrugged, unknowing and assuming this was apart of Earth culture. Lance stuffed down his space goo, and practically ran to his room. He shut his door, and sprinted to the bathroom on the far side of his small living quarters. He lifted the seat and puked. His headache was so bad he was puking, now unconsciously crying. He didn't realize the tears until they hit the puke water in the toilet. He wiped his eyes then his mouth, and got up from his leaning position with a grunt. He flushed the toilet and washed his hands. He reached for the medicine cabinet to get his toothbrush and brush his teeth when someone said something along the lines of,
"A Paladin? Pathetic."

Lance shivered and finished grabbing the required supplies for basic oral hygiene. He brushed his teeth, spit and rinsed his mouth and started his slow shuffle back to his bed. Once he got there, he laid down and whined. Genuinely whined, something that was so uncharacteristic that the Blue Paladin had to touch his face to make sure it was him. In that moment, the sudden voice from earlier spoke into his ears again, switching from right to left. He shivered and twitched, shuddering and looking around for the culprit. He was surprised to find his small room empty.

"What in the hell?" He asked himself, talking into air. He got no response. He shrugged and tossed over, now on his right side and facing the wall. He didn't know what was happening and just shrugged it off, mildly convincing himself that it was just stress from missions. He just closed his eyes and just started to fade into sleep, when a loud voice from behind his head startled him awake. So startled, in fact, that he jumped up and hit head on the ceiling. Hitting the ceiling did NOT help his killer headache. He groaned and flopped back into his bed. The voice was talking, he realized and sat up to see... nothing. Yet, there was a voice. He wasn't paying attention to what the voice was saying, just concerned on finding the voice. He turned his head to the door, where a worried Keith and Pidge stood now, looking at him in concern.

"Do you guys hear that?" He asked them both, just making sure he wasn't crazy. They both responded at the same time.
"Yeah" - Keith
"No, what?" - Pidge.
The two looked at each other like the other was crazy. Obviously one of them was.
"Keith," the mullet man turned his head to Lance, "What's it saying?"  Lance want to make sure they were hearing the same thing. Lance started listening to the voice just to confirm Keith was hearing it when he heard the sentence that would wreck him.

"What the fuck is trash like you doing here, as a Paladin of Voltron? Who told you, you deserve it?"

Lance blinked, staring at a wall and then up to Keith. Keith looked st him with concern and repeated what that weird had just said.
"What the fuck -excuse my language Pidge- is tr---" Lance didn't let him go further.
"Okay! I get it, you heard it. What is it though?" Lance questioned, half expecting the shorter man to have an answer. He just shook his head, a clear indication that he had no clue.

"Wait, what did you hear?" Piped Pidge, curious as to what the two had heard. Lance just shook his, accidentally flinging tears he didn't know were there. Keith followed Lances lead and just shook his head. The only different was that Keith wasn't crying. Pidge walked away, making a mental note to ask the two about it later.

Keith stepped into Lances small room and the door closed behind him.
"What was that?" Lance asked, even though he knew the answer.
"It sounded like it was in my mind, you know? Is it Galra Tech, a trick from Pidge, some weird test, who knows?" Keith replied, and tried to put his finger on it. He just couldn't. It was familiar but it wasn't completely... wait.

Keith knew the voice of those words. Seemingly at the same time, they both came to the same conclusion.
"Lions"
"Lions"
They said it at the same time. Keith looked at Lance with bewilderment written on his face, and Lance returned the look.

It suddenly made sense. Lances lion, Blue, being picky with him and being pissy. His lion, his lion, had said that to him? His lion could talk? What was going on?