Chapter 4: Fitting Into the Crew

"Dinner's ready!" Mira shouted, suddenly hearing many footsteps racing to the dining table from the crew.

"Watch it, flame for brains!" Gray shouted, shoving Natsu against the wall to go through the doorway first.

"How about you watch it, ice cube!" Natsu yelled back, grabbing Gray's arm and pulled him to the ground so he could walk past.

Lucy squeaked as people shoved past her, but kneeled down towards Gray with a hand. "You okay?" Gray looked up at her and gave her a thumbs-up with one hand, while accepting her gracious offer with the other. "No biggie, and thanks."

"You're welcome." Lucy smiled back, not realizing who was right behind her. She felt a tap on her shoulder, so she turned around to see Juvia's face right up in her grill. "Don't touch Juvia's Gray, Love Rival."

"Uh-h, okay..." Lucy awkwardly replied, spinning back around to the dining table. She saw that the wooden table was extremely long, with a seat at each end, then a long line of seats on each side.

"Mira's cooking is amazing! Your tastebuds are gonna explode from all the different flavors!" Wendy exclaimed from sitting in her chair.

"Hey Luce! I've got a chair for ya!" Natsu yelled from the other side of the table, sitting at the opposite end. It was obviously his chair, it was more grand than the other typical ones, having a velvet cushion to sit and lean on.

"That's my seat-oof!" Gray started to complain, but got shoved right in the stomach by Natsu's foot, making him shut up. "Not anymore!" The Captain smirked, saving the seat by placing his right foot on top of it.

Lucy sweat dropped, but heard someone call her name from the side. She glanced over to see Mira waving a hand at her to come over. "Since you're brand new, I'll serve you first! Would you like anything in particular?" Lucy couldn't believe the meal Mira had put together, with all kinds of meats, vegetables, and plenty of sides.

"I couldn't, please choose for me, I'm sure everything you've made is wonderful." Lucy said, making Mira smile even more. "Oh, you're just too precious! Then please have a seat, I'll be right with you."

"Lucy, sit over here!" Wendy shouted, pointing to an empty seat next to her with Romeo on her other side.

"Scuse me, the Captain saved her a seat first." Natsu reminded, sitting more upright now that Lucy had to decide where to sit. His chest was more out with his back straighter.

Elfman dramatically stood up in his seat, his chair falling down on it's back. "How about she sits next to me because I'm a real MAN?!" He shouted, pounding his chest twice.

"Shut up!" Erza yelled back, throwing a spoon at Elfmans head. It smacked him right into the side. "Ow!"

Lucy awkwardly smiled as everyone started verbally fighting, except Erza apparently. I'll just look for someone who seems the most calm...

Natsu dodged a fork that Gray had tried throwing at him, almost grabbing his own fork to laugh it straight back but saw Lucy scanning the chaotic scene. He composed himself and sat down in his seat, resisting the urge to give that ice princess a good fire dragon roar in his face.

Lucy finally happened to glance over where he was and smiled at him, making her way over to the seat he kicked Gray out of. "Sorry, they tend to get riled up." Natsu pushed out the chair her her with his foot, earning a quiet 'thank you' from her.

"I can tell." Lucy giggled, mentally praying that something wouldn't stab her, much less injure her. From towards the middle of the table, Lisanna couldn't help but keep glancing at the two of them, feeling bad for being envious.