Self-restraint

Author's note (please read!)

Huge credits to the artist for the amazing fanart ♡

Happy (late) 2 monthsary to Distinct Jane hehe ^3^

Guys I can't believe we made it to this milestone so quickly ;u; 1k+ reads and 50+ votes?! Crazy. I can't seem to stop expressing my gratitude over you guys, your support is why I'm always looking forward to continuing this book ❤ I love you

This chapter was also inspired by the fanart I included, I really get tons and tons of ideas just from looking at fanart ^~^ Bless all artists.

If you haven't picked it up, the chapters of this book are actually connected to each other so please read the earlier chapters to avoid confusion.

Since I promised to reveal the canon facts about Okuda, they are:-

1) Okuda's in top 5 for the list of best kissers
2) Her favourite food/dessert is honeycomb toffee

Congrats if you got them right (/^o^)/

Enjoy reading!

Yours truly,
Riana-cchi
ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ
__________

"Okuda-san, can I get a hug?"

It all started when Nakamura Rio noticed escalated interactions between her friends, Karma and Okuda.

Nothing interesting's been happening in 3-E lately, causing the blonde student to go look for gossip that she absolutely loves. Nakamura did her everyday norm by taking her seat, when she suddenly saw Karma walk into class suspiciously early.

Huh? Karma?

She wanted to greet him with a 'yo', planning to ask what he ate that morning for him to actually show up on time. Before she could, Nakamura paused her actions as she saw Karma heading towards Okuda's seat instead of his own.

"Manami~" Karma greeted Okuda, causing her to turn red at the unexpected calling of her first name.

"Karma-kun I thought we agreed that you call me that only when we're alone!!" she whisper-shouted.

"Hm?~ But aren't we dati--" he fake pouted.

"Karma-kuuun," Okuda whimpered, crossing her arms on the table then hiding her face in the space that she made. Karma had no other choice but to contain his inner fanboy to how adorable she was acting. After all, their relationship wasn't for the public. Not yet.

"Wakatta wakatta~"

Nakamura squinted her eyes slightly so she could get a better image of them. Their voices were barely audible from where she was, so she assumed Karma was simply playing around. 'He probably found out an embarrassing secret of her's' she thought.

• • •

The next day, class 3-E was assigned to bake a cake in pairs during Home-Ed.

Karma straight away wanted to pick Okuda as his partner, directing his eye contact to her. But to his displeasure, Okuda was shaking her head while mouthing the words 'too obvious'. He clicked his tongue and looked for Nagisa to replace her instead.

"Psst Okuda-san," Karma called, tilting his head to where Okuda was. He was getting bored of only whisking and mixing ingredients in a bowl. Karma would try to assassinate Koro-sensei while he was busy giving kitchen tips to his other classmates, but he's already learnt his lesson on the day Koro-sensei humiliated him with a girly pink apron.