Trust: Chapter 4

My headache was still there when I slowly opened my eyes but it was nowhere near as bad as before, Wayne wasn't in the room. Infact this wasn't even Wayne's room. One thing that was aching more than my head was my whole body, I had no idea why but I felt cold. I rubbed my eyes so my vision could adjust properly and looked around. Everything was different, I couldn't even recognise this place from the bed, it looked messy. I got up and went to open the door but what caught my eye was a used condom in the bin, I shook my head cos I thought I was seeing things again, maybe all of this was just my imagination but something wasn't quite right.

I silently walked into the hallway and I could hear a lot of noise coming from the living room. I didn't dare open the door because it sounded like Wayne and a lot of boys in there but I stood near enough to hear what they were talking about.

Some boy: Did it work?

Wayne: Yeah, she's still knocked out you know.

Nathan (One of Wayne's boys and Aisha's boyfriend): You owe me money for this.

Other boy: Rah, how much did you put in her drink?

Wayne: Not that much, but she didn't wake up whilst Nathan was-

I screwed up my face in confusion, what the hell were they talking about? I could not remember a thing that happened. Maybe they were just talking about their usual rubbish? I looked around and saw it was bright, you mean I'd been sleeping for god knows how many hours and it's the next day already, wow.

I went back into the bedroom and put my shoes on, fixed my hair and walked out the flat and out the estate, caught the bus home and walked down my down my road outside of Joel's house I saw a police car parked up and Joel's mum talking to them. By now I was starting to get a bit worried because his little sister Jasmine and their mum were both crying. The police said their goodbye's got into their car and drove away. I thought I'd be polite and see what was wrong, I didn't see Joel anywhere and I was starting to fear the worst. I walked up to his mum and once she saw me she faintly smiled.

Joyce: You haven't seen him have you Shayna?

Me: Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about?

Joyce: It's Joel. He's gone missing.

My eyes widened and my heart stopped beating for a millisecond but it seemed like forever, Joel had gone missing? No way. Anyone but Joel. What hurts the most is the fact that he could be dead and I could never see him again, for all I know Wayne could be behind this and yet I chose him over Joel. There are always consequences to your actions but I didn't think they would be this bad, I couldn't even get in contact with him because I deleted his number, what the hell have I done?!

I took deep breath and tried holding back the tears that were forcing themselves down my cheeks.

Me: No ...

Joyce: Please, Shayna if you hear anything please tell me.

I nodded not being able to speak and she gave me a hug then went back inside their house with Jasmine. I stood out there on the pavement just staring into thin air, letting the breeze hit my face and mess up my hair but I didn't care. How could I care when something worse has happened to Joel. If I chose him maybe this wouldn't of happened, maybe we could have went away together. The love for Wayne was no longer there I could tell but something was telling me to stay with him for longer.

I walked back into my house and the slammed the door shut; I smashed the nearest thing to me which was a vase. I dashed my phone at the wall and cried.

Cried until no more tears could fall from my eyes.

Cried because of what I'd done.

Cried because of the hurt I was feeling.