Untitled Part 9

Jason's POV

We headed out of the office and drove off. I never wanted children though here I am with two 5-year-olds. They fight, brake things, misbehave and I have to do the clean-up.

I made a stop to a store; I have to pick up some groceries as they can't stop eating. Zack as always was picking up all sorts of things reading all the ingredients carefully. God forbid if he didn't have a huge breakfast. Sam was shyly following him, nudging him carefully and reminding him not to spend too much as he doesn't have much money. The supermarket's trolley was getting filled to the top and Sam was counting his money repeatedly as if by counting them they would increase. I had the time to observe them. And by them I mean Sam. He was certainly qualified for the modeling job. At the same time though he had this juvenile innocence, he could talk to anyone, always complementing everyone and you could tell he was truthful. We went to the cashiers and I could see his worried face getting a brighter shade of red each time he would hear the scanner making the beeping noise and adding to the price.

The total was around 300$. He nearly choked, but without hesitation he took out his share from his wallet and offered it to Zack.

I gave mine too and didn't comment on anything.

Sam was really skeptical and silent during some other errands we run and the trip home.

Zack on the contrary couldn't shut his pie-hole.

ZacK: So you'll by our boss from now on Mr Bossman?

Jason: I hate the term. Could you not?

Zack: How about chief

Jason: No

Zack: God?

Jason: Satan?

Zack: Correct.

Jason: As if..

Zack: Why?

Jason: Well.. Not as much smart.

Zack: Ef you

Jason: Ha... not even in your wildest wet-dream.

Zack: What was that?? Was that a joke? Did the ice queen make a sexual related joke?

Jason: QUEEN?

Zack: If the tiara fits.

Jason: Sorry it was tailor made for your tiny head.

Zack: Sammy? Why are you so quiet? You have a dick in your mouth or something?

Jason: Remember how I was slapping you on the back of your head when you made those type of comments?

Zack: Yes?

Jason: Do you want me to start again?

Zack: No...?

Jason: Was that a question?

Zack: No and no... You know I used to say things like that before you came out of your fancy walk-in closet.

Jason: Fair enough ....

Zack: Don't try to protect him. If he wants he can more than fend for himself.

Jason: As long as there is no underlying racist vengeful meaning.

Zack: Moi?

Jason: Oui! Mon ami toi!

Zack: I pinky promise.

Jason: So gay.