So What if the World Ends?

Training was harder than I thought. I thought I'd be a little stressed out but not much else. Dear God I was wrong.
"Faster! Faster!" Calum screamed.
I couldn't push through the pain I'd had. I had tears streaming down my face.
I was defending myself as best I could. But whatever minion's Calum had set me up against were killing me. "Cal! Turn them off!"
"No, keep going." He was stern.
I broke as it kicked my back. Whatever it was pulled me up by my hair. Holding the knife up to my throat.
"Cal..."
"Come on Eve."
    I felt the knife press against my neck, drawing blood. "Red! Red! Cal, red!"
  The knife dropped. Calum came over to me, rolling up his sleeves ready to use whatever spell to heal me. "God, Eve. We don't stand a chance."
"I'm doing the best I can." I grumbled.
  "No the fuck your not. You keep trying to act strong and act like your doing your best. But no one's ever won a race without wheezing."
   "Fuck you. I am strong."
"You don't have to be. Stop trying to prove to me. Start fighting." His hands ran down my back, the searing pain flared and I grimaced, trying not to cry out.
  "See, your doing it again. Acting like nothing fazes you. Your weak. That's okay. Once you accept that- then you can get stronger."
  "I don't have time for your bulllshit speeches. I'm doing the best I can Calum. I'm​ sorry of you don't think it's good enough."
  He laughed as he popped my shoulder back into place. "Oh, I know it's not good enough. Your never going to impress me. You'll surprise me but you'll never impress me. I'm 300 years old. I don't get impressed anymore. Anything you do, I've seen a million other people do before, and better."
   "I'm trying."
"Well fucking try harder. Get up. We start torture training tommorow."
  "There is no tommorow. I'm not coming back."
"The fuck you are."
   "Shut up." I sat upright. Running my shoulders. "I'm going home."
  "To do what? Tell your boyfriend you've seen Armageddon? Tell him how you saw him dead, and even though people tried to help you, your giving up?"
   I scoffed, I'd been working my ass off. I'd been lying to Ashton, and Michael constantly. The dreams had started getting more frequent, so I didn't sleep much. I was in desperate need of a nap.
"It's my life at stake here."
   " Your suicide mission, should not and will not kill us all. This is our lives your gambling with. Yours, mine, even his." He gestured towards the monster I'd been fighting all week. It was about a foot taller than me, and stood a little over Jacob's height.
   "How are you supposed to stop the end of the world, end of your family, without being able to take a few punches and a knife to your neck?"

  "Fuck off Calum. I'm going home."
I opened the door. Brushing past Jacob and Skya. Not wanting to hear them trying to convince me to stay. That they needed me.
   I didn't care.

I came home ready to cry. The words Calum had spit stung like knives. 
  "Baby? You home?" I ignored Ashton. Leaning against the wall, angry and sad, and frustrated. I didn't want this. I never wanted this.
  "Angel? You okay." Ashton snapped me back to reality.
"Yeah, I just need-" I collapsed, my legs were tired of carrying their weight. And my lungs were tired of carrying oxygen. I wheezed, gasping for air. Ashton's pet names rang in my ears. He tried to calm me down. But my chest was heaving and I felt like I was about to die. I was okay with dying.
   The phone rang. Over and over. Till a voice spoke through it. "Poor Eve. Ready to leave the world to shit, because she needs a nap. This is going to be easier than I thought." I screamed, best I could. The voice laughed, "Look at you. Pathetic. You stand for nothing. You have nothing. For God's sakes you are nothing. What makes you think your good enough to take on a god?" He chuckled.  Suddenly, I could breathe, and my legs didn't feel like Jell-O.
   "Eve? Angel? Are you okay?" Ashton's voice sounded like music. I hugged him. Holding his shirt tightly in my fist. I didn't let go.
"What happened?"
   "You didn't hear it? That voice, from the phone?"
Ashton laughed, "No...Was I supposed to?"
   I shook my head, "I don't know."
   He nodded, "Let's figure it out later. We'll call Michael, and Luke, and Cal-"
"No Calum.''
He looked at me, puzzled, "Okay, no Calum. We'll figure it out but just not right now."