Chapter 5

“Oh, Francheska, mag papakabait ka hah. Don’t go home late and text me kung may problema” Bilin ni Gab while unloading his luggage from Cheska’s car. “Yes, kuya! I will be a good girl! I promise!”

“I’ll be there in 3 days lang naman so, it’s just a quick vacation, wag mo kong masyadong mamimiss”

“No kuya, you can actually extend your stay in France. If you want kahit mga 2 weeks ka pa, okay na okay lang!”

“2 weeks ka dyan! O sige na, I’m gonna be late.” Gab hugged his sister really tight. “Bye Kuya! Don’t forget to get me a really nice purse, okay?”

Gab kissed his sister’s forehead “Kapag mabait ka, bye!”

Gab decided to leave Manila for a couple of days because he’s really upset not to have Heart signed his book, he’s always like that every time he didn’t get what he wants or when he’s sad or depressed, he always wants to get lost in places he haven’t been yet. Well, he went to France 2 years ago, that’s what surprised him, he should go to a different place like New Zealand or Russia maybe pero France ang nasabi nya sa secretary nya so, let it be! Maybe there’s a good reason why he has to go back there. Sabi nga ni Heart sa isa nyang article, “everything happens for a reason”.

“Is this okay? Wala na ba kong nakalimutan?” Heart asked her friends Aira and Vince while packing up her things. “Meron kang pang nakalimutan, Hearty” Aira told her.

“Hah? What?” She grabbed her checklist. “Tights, boots, coat, scarves, ear muffs, gloves, came—“

“Bestie” Aira cut her off. “You forget about me.”

“Aww” Heart hugged Aira. “Bestie, it’s a gift from Ms. Cara and besides, you have a boyfriend, dapat sya ang kasama mo mag punta sa City of Love, diba?”

“Tama!” Vince agreed on her. “Basta, Hearty. Don’t forget our pasalubong hah?”

“Sure, ano bang gusto mo?!” Heart asked Vince. “Gusto ko… wine!”

“Sure! Yun lang pala eh, how about you? Ay alam ko na, Eiffel tower magnet?!” Yup! Aira has a big collection of magnets from her travels in and out of the country. Aira holds her both hands instead of saying yes, “Heart, gusto ko pag balik mo dito, may love life ka na. Masaya na ako dun.”

Heart laughed at her, “Love life?! In one week?! Are you crazy?! Magnet na lang!”

“Oops! Sabi mo sa isa mong article, love is a spontaneous feeling. It comes in the most unexpected place and time. You don’t know when and where cupid will strike you!” Heart sighed on that speech Aira remind her “Okay, fine. Let’s just wait and see”

The next day, Aira drove her best friend to the airport. She’s a little bit nervous kasi it’s her first time to go to France, she visited other countries alone pero around Asia lang, she’s nervous but excited at the same time.

After that 14 hour flight, where she just read e-books and took galloons of coffee. Finally, she’s here!

“Welcome to France!” She whispered to herself.

Heart arrived at night so she decided to check in at hotel, leave her luggage, grabs her notepad and pen for a stroll outside, the hotel is just few blocks away from Eiffel tower and she just wanna write her experience right away.

“Bonjour! May I have a cup of hot macchiato, please?” Heart found a coffee shop with a great view of Eiffel, perfect for her first night! “For a minute” The waitress smiled at her and gave her her order.

Heart takes a sit in front of the full length window, “This is just so perfect!” She whispered while taking a shot of the beautiful tower and uploading it on instagram right away. She looks at everybody at the coffee shop and observing every movement.

An old lady walking outside with a very nice hat that looks like a little bit of Queen Elizabeth.

A couple kissing in front of the tower.

A happy family taking photos of their little son with the tower on his background.

She gets her notebook and pen from her bag and writes…

“The City of Love, Paris France. Where everybody looks so in love. Twinkling eyes, glowing skin, lovely smiles, contagious laughs. I can’t see anybody frowning in this country. Everything feels so amazing and…”

“Ms. Heart?!” A familiar guy approached her.

She looked at the guy from head to foot. Looking at his face, trying to remember where she saw this guy.

He’s the… the… “It’s you! The crazy guy in the book signing event!”