Chapter 13

Heart’s alarm clock rang, it’s 6 in the morning and she has to get up to get ready for work. She flipped on her right side to check her phone.

Sighed.

Deep sigh.

No text message. This is unusual for her kasi kahit noong umiwas sya and told him she’s busy, Gab never stopped sending her good morning text messages or calling her asking if they could have had breakfast together.

“Napagod na siguro” she thinks.

She puts her phone down and starts to fix herself, trying not to think about Gab but she can’t help it… she likes Gab. She fell in love with him and you can’t just control when your heart beats…

7:30 in the morning, and she’s now off to work. She checked everything in her bag: phone, mints, pen, notepad, lipstick, okay… everything’s here so she puts her black peep toe shoes on… checked herself in front of the mirror one more time and she’s off to go!

She walks towards the door but stopped on the third step, “why am I nervous?” she asked herself while she puts both of her hands on the left part of her chest to feel her heartbeat, and it’s beating fast.

So loud.

So fast.

She took a few deep breaths before opening the door.

“Oh!”, and found a bouquet of roses on her door step.

She smiled, “Gab?”, she look for a note but there’s nothing in there so she’s like, “baka hindi, stop expecting, Heart”

“Hi Ms. Heart, mukhang wala kang sundo ngayon ah”

“hehehehehe” then rolled her eyes at the security.

So yeah, since Gab didn’t pick her up today, she drove to her favorite coffee shop. Badtrip. Even if she received a boquet of roses this morning, she still feels bad of not hearing his voice and not seeing him for like a week now.

7:55 AM, she arrived at the coffee shop. Still, feeling unusual.