Chapter 17

This day was spent well and the typhoon hadn't arrived yet, bumagal daw ang kilos ng bagyo based on weather reports sa TV. It's a little bit sunny day, just right to stay outside kasi hindi masyadong mainit. 

They spent their 2nd day at the resort doing some water sports activity, playing around and cuddling by the beach.

They got tired easily kaya maaga silang natulog.

"Ah!" Heart woke sa lakas ng kulog.

"Babe, are you okay?" Gab asked and hugged her.

It's 4 in the morning ng biglang dumating ang bagyo. It is signal no.3 in La Union and all the trees are swaying,you can hear the glasses and windows na parang mababasag na sa sobrang lakas ng hangin.

"I'm scared"

"Don't be... I'm with you..."

Pinahiga nya si Heart sa braso nya and hugged her really tight to let her feel that she's secured. He didn't go back to sleep, binantayan nya na lang na matulog si Heart while caressing her hair.

At around 7am, umalis na ang bagyo. Wala ng malakas na hangin at ulan. Heart got up at around 8 in the morning. Tumawag na lang si Gab sa restaurant to bring them food at their room. They had breakfast and after that Heart fixed herself and their things, babalik na kasi sila sa Manila ngayon.

"Heart, let's stay here na lang kaya muna? Baka hindi pa safe ang mga daan" Gab said when he got out of the bathroom and saw Heart fixing their lugguage,

"We can't stay here any longer, babe. I have to go back to work tomorrow, may nira-rush sakin na article si Ms. Cara"

"Pero--"

Heart walked towards him and gave him a sweet kiss, "we'll be okay, hun. gusto mo ako na ang mag drive?"

Sighed, "no, i'll drive for you"

After putting all their clothes and stuffs on their luggage, lumabas na sila sa hotel room para mag check-out.

"Ma'am, delikado pa ho"

"Non-passable ba talaga? We really have to go home kasi e"

She checked her phone para sana tawagan si Aira pero wala silang signal, unstable din ang internet connection, no electricity kaya limited lang ang appliances na naka-turn on sa resort kasi generator lang ang nag papagana dito.

"Passable naman ho, pero delikado"

Gab held her hand, "Hun, wag na muna tayong tumuloy"

"Wait." She talked to receptionist again, "Miss, may mga road o tulay ba na nasira?"

"Wala naman ma'am, pero maraming puno ang nabagsak, although, naitabi na naman ng sa kalsada pero hindi pa rin po 100% safe"

"Babe, wag na tayong umuwi"

"Gab, everything will be okay. Passable na naman yung mga daan e, kaya natin yan. Let's go"

Wala ng nagawa si Gab but to say yes, he'll be very careful na lang in driving and make sure that his girlfriend is safe. He buckled up his girlfriend before starting the engine. He also turned on his car's hazard light to warn the other cars na mabagal lang ang takbo nila.

Heart turned on the music while watching the gloomy sky. She hates rainy season, it makes her sad and think about random things.

Gab held her hand while driving, she looked at him and smiled.

Heart kissed his hand, "I love you"

He smiled, "I love you too"

"Babe, are scared too die?"

"Heart, don't talk about that"

"Why? Lahat naman tayo dadating don, I just wanna know your fears kasi most of the people I know are scared of dying"

"Mas natatakot akong mawala ka kesa mamatay"

She smiled, "I won't be gone, I promise and if ever na mauna man ako pag matanda na tayo, I will still take care of you... I will be your angel... I won't forget you"

BLAG!

"Gab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And a branch of a tree fell on their car...