Am I Too Late?

Hey guys! This is my first fanfiction so I guess we'll see how this goes. Leave me a vote and a comment if you enjoy, thanks for reading!

 "Why?"

There it was. The question to which she had no answer. What made it worse, worse than she ever could have prepared for, was the absence of vulnerability in her voice. Clarke spoke as though she had never met Lexa, never known her.

Lexa scrambled for an answer. "I don't know," her frustration at her lack of a valid response being clearly apparent.

"That's not good enough. I want an explanation, I deserve one. You can't just expect this to disappear, Lexa. You can't just expect me to disappear," Her voice grew quiet, delivering her message more effectively than yelling ever could.

Lexa took a step toward her, trying to physically compensate for the emotional distance that was evident between the two. "I'm sorry. I wasn't strong enough to face you. I knew it would break you, I loved you too mu-"

Clarke receded, placing them even farther apart than they originally were. "No. You don't get to do that to me. You always hide behind your people, saying you were doing what you thought was best. Not this time, not with me. I know you, Lexa. You were afraid, but that doesn't make it okay to run away. You left," she paused, before proceeding. "I loved you, and you left."

Lexa winced as Clarke's words rang in her ears, desperately attempting to quell the tears that begged to collect in her emerald eyes. How could she have possibly let herself ruin this? She hadn't felt this kind of love, hadn't felt anything, since Costia. She never allowed herself to be weak for someone, but Clarke managed to decimate every last inhibition. Every reason not to, Clarke overcame. Lexa felt herself dissolve into the nothing that she was without Clarke. No matter how she looked at it, she would never recover from this, it's not like she can just duel her way out of this one.

"Will you ever love me again?" Lexa pleaded, despite knowing there was no way that Clarke ever could.

What do you guys think? I know this was a short chapter, others will most likely be longer but I just wanted to go ahead and get this uploaded. I love you guys! 

Xx - Sav