Chapter 5

"HARRY!" I screamed.

My mother gave me a evil smile before stepping closer.

"Now, how about you come with me." she snarled.

My body quivered with each gasping breath. My head was spinning as I got up from the floor.

"No." I said angrily. "All my life I have been punched, beaten, hurt, kicked, yelled at, hit, and I took it all. I took it because I was to afraid of you. So no. I will not come with you. I will not be hurt again by you."

Harry gasped and all my anger washed away. I ran to the kitchen to get his phone and dialed 911. When I got back to the room, there was blood all around him.

"Harry," I whimpered.

He groaned and looked at me. He had been shot in his chest, right above his heart. There was a lot of blood loss and he was pale.

I could hear sirens in the distance as I knelt over his body. Suddenly the door slammed and footsteps were heard going down the stairs. My mom was fleeing from the cops.

.................

"I've got it all on tape here." said Harry's neighbor.

We had made it to the hospital and Harry was in ICU. They didn't know it he was going to make it. The police were asking me question left and right, and I felt dizzy.

Sam played the tape off his phone for the cop, who took it up for evidence.

"That's not fair." Sam whined." Can't you download it off my phone."

Sam was Harry's twelve year old neighbor who was very close to Harry.

I looked down at my clothes and saw they had blood on them. I looked like a wreck.

"Can I go to the gift shop and get some fresh clothes." I asked the police officer.

"Sure. Come right back because we have a few more questions to ask." he replied.

I walked toward the gift shop and tried not to cry as I thought of what I have done to Harry.