Chapter 6

I slept in the hospital with Harry because he was out of ICU. He had been shot in the lung, and his breathes came out in raspy gasps. Nurses came in to check on him every hour, so there was no rest, no matter how hard I tried.

My heart hurt every time I looked at him. Harry was as pain as a sheet and was losing weight rapidly because he refused to eat. I left the room around 2 A.M. to go find the doctor.

After wondering around aimlessly for a while, I finally spotted him.

"Excuse me." I said as I ran down the hallway.

He turned to look at me, the dark circles under his eyes visible from far away.

"What do you need Isabelle?" Dr. Parche asked.

"I want to know everything about Harry." I blurted out.

Dr. Parche hadn't told me anything because I was prone to crying every time someone spoke of him.

"Follow me." he said as he led me to the waiting room.

Once we were sitting down he turned to me and started to speak softly.

"Harry's lung is punctured pretty bad. He can't breathe well at all. If he gets out, I am thinking about an oxygen tank for him to breathe on."

"What do you mean by..if?" I choked out.

Dr. Parche looked at me with sympathetic eyes.

"Harry will not be able to breathe easily, and might not make it. If he is still breathing for the next four days easily, then he will be on his way home soon."

"Thank you." I mumbled and walked back to Harry's room, trying not to sob.