Chapter 8- Lies

- new chapters soon -

I thank Sebastian one last time for being so kind in keeping our little drunken sex scandal a secret.

Stepping forward towards the door I turn and give him a quick wave before leaving him alone in his room.

As I shut the door behind me I sigh and lean my back firmly up against the closed door. Running my hands through my hair I take the time to comprehend everything that had just happened. This week was turning out to be one of the most complicated weeks of my eighteen years of life.

"Ruff night?" A male voice said from the side of me, I gasp before turning my head in the direction of his voice.

A shirtless Phoenix commented with a mug of tea in his right hand while his left gripped the counter. He was learning against it with a smug expression on his face, my cheeks began to burn up.

I fumbled trying to come up with a perfect excuse to why I had been in Sebastian's bedroom.

I shrugged, "just wanted to ask Sebastian when the university opened" I lied. Phoenix's jaw clenched as he sipped his tea, I prayed that he would buy it.

It was a logical question to ask since I was the new girl to the university and was still very unaware of the timetable.

He crossed his arms tightly over his chest, I stared at his defined muscles as they flexed along with his movements. "Ah what did he say?" He nodded.

"Who say?" I asked muddled. When Phoenix coughed on his tea I made a mental tone to remind myself that I was a terrible liar and I should definitely try to avoid doing it at all costs. 

"Oh Sebastian right." I bit my lip, "he said it opened at 9:00 am," I guessed, still nibbling at my lip.

Phoenix pushed himself off the counter and started walking towards me, leaving his mug of tea on the table.

I tensed as he stood in front of me. Everything about him was perfect, his sharp jaw line, the way his mouth curved upwards into a charming smile. His floppy brown hair that compliment his head shape perfectly and not to mention his extremely hot body. Were all of my roommates made in a science lab because how on earth were they all so unbelievably attractive?

But his eyes... his eyes were a brilliant hazel. When he was jovial they were warm, lively, and sparkled with mirth. When he was downcast they seemed to grow dim and dark. The smooth green on the edge contrasted beautifully with the amber color in the middle, capturing the heart of any woman who gazed at him.

"That's a very long time to be in there just to ask one question," Phoenix cocked an eyebrow as a grin spread over his face, wide and open, showing off his perfect straight white teeth. What wasn't perfect about this boy?

Shit! He was right that was a long to be in there. My eyes scanned around the lounge and kitchen trying to find something to inspire my next lie.

They stopped hastily at the framed picture of a younger looking Enzo in high school wearing a football kit, standing proudly next to his coach with a gold medal hanging around his neck.

Perfect, I grinned and turned my attention back to Phoenix. "I was asking which professor taught art since it's the major I'm here to study for." He was watching me intently, waiting for me to give a sign I was lying. But despite the bead of sweat that ran down my forehead I continued to show no emotion.

Phoenix squinted, "and which professor may that be?" For gods sake this kid was majoring in medicine, he was smarter than me and I'm pretty sure he could tell I was bluffing.

But that didn't stop me, "Mr..." I began to choke up. Mr what? Mr who? I was beginning to crack but luckily the clock chimed as it turned ten.

"Mr clockelson."

"Mr clockelson?" He frowned and rubbed the back of his neck which made his biceps look huge.

In attempt to act natural, I rested my hands on my hips. "Yeah Mr clockelson, apparently he's amazing at art." The lies flooded out of my mouth uncontrollably, I couldn't resist adding more depth to the lie. I was digging myself a grave.

He shifted closer to me slightly and I stiffened. "Really?" He asked intrigued.

My throat felt dry as he continued to interrogate me with what felt like a thousand questions.

"Yeah apparently one of his art pieces were so good that it ended up on the news and in a gallery." I dishonestly informed.

Phoenix titled his head to the left, "huh must of missed that. Which gallery do you know?" He pried.

"Whitworth," I splurged quickly. I had read about it on the plane ride here. Whitworth is an arty gallery in Manchester, England. It was an excellent touch to wrap up the lie.

"Oh really? I've been to Whitworth a few times, beautiful pieces," Phoenix nodded. I shrugged, fighting to keep the smile off my face. I guess I wasn't too bad at lying after all.

My feet began to move as I started heading towards my room but Phoenix stopped me.

"Just so you know". His face was inches away from mine, "Sebastian doesn't go to university." He smirked as my face dropped and with that bombshell he walked away leaving me speechless.

Damn, well played Phoenix.

• sorry this chapter is short... but sweet :) •