Chapter 18- Starstruck

- press play, you're in for a treat! -

"Omg! Turn the music up, I love this song!" I squealed, Phoenix rolled his eyes but did as he was told.

The music grew louder and I began singing along,"wake up to the blue sky grab your shades and let's go for a ride. Breakfast by the ocean we'll do lunch at Sunset & Vine." I bobbed my head up and down to the beat and turned to look at the guys, they were staring blankly at me.

"Is that song from Starstruck? The Disney movie?" Sebastian raised a judgmental eyebrow, I nodded.

"Every day's a dream in California, every night the stars come out to play. Wish that I could always feel this wayyyyyyy." I tried singing like Taylor Swift but probably sounded more like a cat being strangled.

Enzo groaned from the backseat as he leaned forward, "that's enough of this crap." His hand hovered around the sound button but I swatted it away before he had the chance to turn it off.

I pulled my tongue at him and turned the music up even louder than it was before, he glared at me as he slouched back in his seat.

"There's something about the sunshine, baby I'm seeing you in a whole new light. Out of this world for the first time, baby. Ohhhhhh it's alright." My hands moved up and down like the waves in time with the beat of the song, Sebastian chuckled and chimed in.

Grinning, together we nodded up and down, "there's something about the sunshine, there's something about the sunshine-e." Sebastian actually had a decent voice but I wasn't too surprised since he was good at everything else, just add that to the long list.

"Hollywood rocking, in Malibu we hang out and chill." Sebastian made faces to go along with the background music, this guy is such a goofball, I giggled. "It's all about the shopping from Melrose to Beverly Hills."

When I heard the music it was like liquid adrenaline being injected right into my blood stream - not so strong as to freak me out, but just enough to make me tingle and start to move my body. Even if the song was from a Disney movie, music was music and to me this was my anthem.

"Everywhere's a scene and now we're in it. I don't wanna paint this town alone, when I see you smile I always feel at homeeee." We screamed through the car dancing stupidly in between the verses. My eyes shot to Phoenix's fingers tapping along to the music on his dashboard, I grinned.

"Sing along Phoenix!" The corners of my mouth lifted upwards into a smile. I let my smile widen into a brilliant grin that had Phoenix beaming at me. I'm laughing now, feeling absolutely delirious. But I didn't care I was having too much fun to care.

Phoenix couldn't turn down my smile so he rolled his eyes and joined in on the famous chorus. " There's something about the sunshine, baby. I'm seeing you in a whole new light and it's a breeze with the palm trees swaying. Ohhhh, it's alright." His deep voice boomed, clasping a hand over my mouth I gasped.

He also had a singing voice of an angel, definitely better than Sebastian. Phoenix was the full package he was smart, handsome, can cook and now I realised he could sing as well.

He must be a robot, it's the only logical answer.

"Now that you're here," I sang. "Now that you're hereee," Sebastian and Phoenix yelled repeating the lyrics.

"It's suddenly clear," I grinned as I screamed the lyrics proudly. "Suddenly clear," the guys chimed in. Sebastian had his fist underneath Phoenix's chin like a microphone, I rolled my eyes.

"Sun coming through I never knew, whatever I do it's better with you. It's better with youuuu." Phoenix pointed towards me with a cheeky smirk, I blushed.

I turned to look at the guys in the back to cover up the reddish pigment that had appeared on my cheeks.

Sebastian had his finger extended, pointing at Enzo but he wasn't laughing. His head was buried in between his knees.

"Sing along Enzo!" Phoenix yelled from the front seat, watching Enzo in the mirror.

Everyone minus Enzo screamed the chorus, "there's something about the sunshine baby." Sebastian squealed, "something about it!"

"I'm seeing you in a whole new light," Phoenix sang and winked towards me. "Whole new lighttt," I repeat sheepishly as the look in his eyes made me weak in the knees.

Sebastian shoved Enzo, "out of this world for the first time baby." When Enzo continued to ignore him he shoved him harder,"yeahhh."

Enzo sighed , "Ohhh, it's alright." He murmured in the most un-energetic voice I'd ever heard, Sebastian rolled his eyes but nodded that he succeeded in getting him to sing. Well sing ish.

Phoenix took his hand away from the wheel to dance as we sang the next line, "it's alrightttt."

"There's something about the sunshine baby," Enzo chanted loudly, we all turned to look at him in shock.

My eyes were wide, "so you do know this song!" Phoenix and Sebastian began laughing their butts off, Enzo growled.

"Who the hell doesn't love Starstruck, it's a classic!" Enzo grinned and continued to hum along with the music.

I giggled, "I'm seeing you in a whole new light." My voice tried to harmonise along with the music, highlight the word tried.

"Whole new lighttttttttt." The guys chirped together like a boy band.

Maybe they could be the next Jonas brothers!!

"Out of this world for the first time baby," I grinned as I watched my male roommates sing a Disney song together. Three extremely hot guys singing a Disney song with me, this was a girls dream!

"Ohhh," the guys synchronised their deep voices together until the car began to shake.

I smiled, "Oh, it's alright." Enzo slung his arm around Sebastian, "it's alrighttt." I winced as their voices sounded very out of tune but hey none of us were opera singers so cut us some slack.

Together we warbled, "there's something about the sunshine, baby. I'm seeing you in a whole new light and it's a breeze with the palm trees swaying. Oh, it's alrightttttt."

Phoenix turned down the music and pointed ahead of him, "lady and gentleman we have arrived."

I frown as I peer at the empty patch of grass ahead of me, "um, where exactly have we arrived?"

Sebastian hopped out the car first, "I'll give you a hint, it starts with C." He grinned as he opened the trunk of the jeep.

"Chain sex?" Enzo asked and gave me a cheeky grin, I gagged dramatically and joined Sebastian at the back of the car.

Phoenix frowned at Enzo, "no dumbass."

"Camping!" Sebastian cheered.

Great I hate camping...

• if you've never seen Starstruck before (you must be living underneath a rock if you haven't) I highly recommend! •