Chapter 1

"Blake!" Pauline said as she pulled the witchling to her feet. "What did you do?"

"I slipped." Blake said, gesturing to the pile of shattered plate remains on the tiled floor. "And I broke several plates."

"There's a wet floor sign right there" Ben said, as he mopped up the mess. A large, plastic yellow sign sat on the floor where the brunette had fallen.

"Whoops." Blake said. "Here. Let me fix it."

"No!" Robin said, grabbing the peite girl by the waist, holding her arms in place.

"We don't want a repeat of last week's sorcerer's apprentice disaster." Ellie said, scratching the paw print & claw marks on her right arm.

"Okay, I flood the place one time and suddenly I'm not allowed to use magic in the café?" Blake said as the short blonde haired spector released her. Blake pushed her brown cat eye glasses over her chocolate brown eyes.

"Yes!" The four of them said at once. Although Blake had powerful magic, it would sometimes get out of control.

The five teens cleaned the mess by hand, with only Ellie managing to cut her palm of a glass fragment.

Pauline grabbed the OPEN sign with her tan hand and flipped it. The café was officially closed for the night.

"At least Blake didn't break anymore plates," Ellie yawned, running her pale hand through her sweaty dark brown hair. She pulle it out of it's ponytail as it became wild and crazy. A pairof perky brown wolf ears took the place of her human ones, and a brown wolf tail tore through her jeans. Ellie pulled off her shoes as everyone but Pauline, who lived above the café, left for home.

"Hey!" Blake said in protest, "It's not like I am born this way!"

"Yes." said Robin, floating lazily above the rest. "You are born that way Blake. It's called genetics."

Blake stared at her for a moment before hastily changing the subject.

"So, Have you guys finishes your All Hallows Eve project for History class?"

"No." Ben said  "I haven't had the time." Ellie raised a clawed hand and grabbed the procrastinating vampire's ear. "Ow!"

"Lucky for you, we need to go to the library tomorrow to finish up our own projects." Ellie said, pulling her hand away.  "And you'll be coming with us."

"You all suck...no pun intended."

"Stop being a baby." Blake said, "We'll see you all tomorrow."

And the four spilt into three groups, all headed for home.